Tarty Bikes...product Ratings?

Jonalong

You can always delete their comments if they are badly edited, overly biased or constructively unsound or, put a correction program in to stop this.

Yes but this gives even more for them to do; you would not implement a system like this within a company which is going to take up quite a bit of time. And they will have lots of other things to do which will benefit us as customers more.

Surely if people need opinions on a product they can just ask on here

Yes but everyone that puchases on tarty do not come on here. Eg parents buying their child their first trials bike.

Edited by shercofray

Surely if people need opinions on a product they can just ask on here

And fill the forum full of the same sort of threads??

Is it really necessary to trawl through forums and writing threads, searching up product reviews when in reality, the product could be sold there and then if it had a few solid reviews on it!

I don't hesitate to spend a lot of money on something if i can see that the majority of others are happy with their purchase...would I spend a lot of money on something in the hope that its going to be ok? Probably not.

Just my two cents... and only trying to help you (Tarty) and people who are looking for decent products who don't have hours to spend posting on forums!

A high percentage do though. A higher percentage than write reviews on tarty.

I'm going to go with a higher percentage of people buy of tarty than look on here. Thats what this topic is about - why it is beneficial to write reviews.

Edited by shercofray
  • Like 1

And fill the forum full of the same sort of threads??

Why not? If people want some opinions on a particular item, then feel free to post - thats (partially) the idea of TF :)

As for forums themselves, the idea is that new topics and information is posted quickly and regularly, outdated information naturally drops onto page two and eventually into the abyss (aka the search system), rather than be used as reference system.

You could argue that the forum is already full of the same sort of threads, trials is quite a specific topic!

I'm going to go with a higher percentage of people buy of tarty than look on here. Thats what this topic is about - why it is beneficial to write them.

I'd agree with that. The system they have set up seems pretty rock solid, I personally like that the person must buy the product before they can review.

Saying that, It shouldn't be that much development effort for them to set up some sort of review moderation system, so the staff can review reviews before they're published. But it still takes time (and money - web developers aren't cheap), either way!

It shouldn't be that much development effort for them to set up some sort of review moderation system, so the staff can review reviews before they're published. But it still takes time (and money - web developers aren't cheap), either way!

Yeah, that's been in place from the start (Y)

I'm going to go with a higher percentage of people buy of tarty than look on here. Thats what this topic is about - why it is beneficial to write reviews.

If it takes 2 pages to work out why It's beneficial to write a review then I can understand why people don't look on here. On the other hand the pad review page on here seems quite good so why not extend it to other products and put a link on tarty alongside its existing reviews.

If it takes 2 pages to work out why It's beneficial to write a review then I can understand why people don't look on here. On the other hand the pad review page on here seems quite good so why not extend it to other products and put a link on tarty alongside its existing reviews.

Well there are several members giving their own opinions.. that is why it is a forum. We are discussing it..

And yeah that could work but there is what 47 pages of pad reviews? Would you really want to sit and read 47 pages of a thread..

Not sure how it would work as well as they are two separate companies so it just gets complicated as then you need related parties in the accounts etc and it just isn't needed..

Well there are several members giving their own opinions.. that is why it is a forum. We are discussing it..

And yeah that could work but there is what 47 pages of pad reviews? Would you really want to sit and read 47 pages of a thread..

Not sure how it would work as well as they are two separate companies so it just gets complicated as then you need related parties in the accounts etc and it just isn't needed..

People are giving opinions on how to improve the review system to get people to use it. Not one person has said its not beneficial to write reviews you arrogant willy (just my opinion, this is a forum atfer all.). You don't need to look through all the pages either, just search that topic. The current system obviously isn't working so why not suggest ways to improve it.