Tyke Trial, Harden Moor

Callum219

Hey, I'm just getting into the competitive trials sport, I've entered the green route as I thort the Primary would be easy, Has anyone rode the green course, and big steps, big drop offs and what type of sections to practise. I actually can't wait to ride my first cyclo trial!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Callum,

Great to hear that you're going to give competitions a go! It'll be good to see you at Harden on the 18th. Green route won't have anything too difficult or scary in it; everything should be rollable, and there'll be no big steps or drops. Practice riding on rough ground, work on your balance and get your bike over small/medium rocks and obstacles and up and down muddy/loose banks and slopes and you should have most things covered! Linking all these things together is the key - sections are often longer than riders first expect, so they get tired fairly quickly. If you work on riding several obstacles at a time, that will help.

Any other questions, just ask in here (Y)

See you there!