Pro-Carbon protectors

Kieran Morrison

Hi, I bought a Procarbon downtube protector off a mate today but there's something weird about it. It's got a line going down the middle on the inside, a small bump, meaning it doesn't go right onto the frame, but it only sticks up ~1mm. Is this normal?

Also the stuff on the inside of it is a smooth material and is glossy black, but on the old protector I had it was rough and a grey colour on the inside.

Just checking if this is normal, or if it will affect the strength of the protector in any way so I don't be a pussy about it and ride my bike properly :P

Thanks

there not all made perfectly! it will be fine, ive had 3 and all are different one had a glossy smooth inner, the other had a rough dull inner piece my newest even has one part thicker than the other ad it curves round! it will be perfectly fine im sure.

Ah right, that's fine then haha. Yeah the person I've got it off has one that is thicker on one half than the other.

Could sand that shit down if your jimmies are rustled over it :)

Nah it's not bothering me too much, was more thinking it might affect the strength of it or something, but if it won't it's all good :)