Computer guys.. Please Help!

Dom_capper

Hello.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my laptop crashing, it seems to only do it when i play videos and very occasionally when spotify is playing. My whole computer freezes, no mouse function and the sound seems to be slowed down, kinda sounds like some robot transformer, but you can tell its the videos audio slowed down. It can do it multiple times in videos and lasts for 20-60 seconds. Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this, it makes videos unwatchable atm.

Cheers in advance

Dom

Maybe its overheating, make sure the fan intakes and exhaust are clear of dust or anything else that might get in there.

Dont have your laptop on a pillow or in the bed without having a flat surface, like a tray, to make sure its well ventilated.

If its overheating you should invest in one of these:

cooler-master-notepal-u2.jpg

Hope that helps!

Kevin

Need more info.

How old is it?

What spec/make/model is it?

How long has it been since Windows was reinstalled?

Does it feel hot to the touch when it does this stuff? (When laptops are overheating you really can feel it).

Do the following:

When just booted up, press the windows key + R. Type the following without brackets [eventvwr.msc].

Go to 'System' and look for events that happened around the time it crashed (they're dated and timestamped, do the same for the 'Applications log'

Screenshot the logs and PM me. I'll have a peek.

• Like 1