Try all carbon bars

bing

I have took the plunge and bought a set of nearly new try all carbons, the new version with the white logo. Is there anything special I need to do when installing them, my stem has a 4 bolt clamp so that's not an issue. Currently running viz pro 700's.

Oh aye. What's wrong wi carbons like shag?

Nothing really, to be honest i thing there a waste of money for the few grams you save and iv seen people that dont exactly go big or land heavy break them? Also the only people i can see benefitting from them are world riders where grams do count. Plus i seem to remember a while back u dissing them either on here or on the facebook page cos of the snappege reason so its weird u would get a set knowing this? i know people are running sets they have had a while but i do think they are very hit and miss and you could get a good set or a shit set thats weak. my opinion anyway and i no that opinions are like arseholes. everyone has one and everyone elses stinks haha!

I may have mocked in the past. These were simply too good a price to turn down, got them off tom. I wanted some new bars anyway, as my viz bars are a bit narrow, and was gonna buy some brand new Tt high risers when these came up. I'm not going big, and I'm not a basher, and I don't run a silly upside down bar angle so they should be ok. I'm going comps this year anyway so I'm trying to do a bit of weight saving. Next stop is me lol

I have took the plunge and bought a set of nearly new try all carbons, the new version with the white logo. Is there anything special I need to do when installing them, my stem has a 4 bolt clamp so that's not an issue. Currently running viz pro 700's.

Thats an additional cost by the way.

u could ask SCOTTY (craig) if u can borrow his torpue wrench then when u have done have a little play with his penis too :wink:

I bought a small Topeak torque wrench to install mine. Use the same settings that the Trial Tech carbon bars need to keep them under warrenty. 5N/M for Stem clamp and 4N/M for brake levers.

Also got myself some carbon fibre installation paste to help reduce stress but increase the friction or whatever it does.

Just thought if i was paying all that ££ for the bars i wanted to look after them, each to there own.

• Like 1

At halfords (shame) we have a handheld wrench that's calibrated to 5nm and comes with 5mm and 4mm hex heads. Would be useful to have out on a ride if you need to move your bars, so you still maintain the warranty and don't have to carry a huge torque wrench.

ritchey-5nm-torque-key-for-carbon-bars-a

That one^

Edited by DrStix