Riders Block

ericbenjaminjr

I've been riding trials since 2004 and this has never happened to me before. I was pedal hopping a wall at a spot I regularly ride and I suddenly lost all coordination. All the subtle nuances like timing, calculating distance and pedal position just got all jumbled in my head. The first time in my life I've ever hit the brakes and aborted my approach. I laughed and did it again, and again and again. You know how it feels when you blackout and cant remember someones name? Thats how it felt, like I forgot how to do it! Its a routine move. The wall gets higher from left to right and I regularly practice there to get more height. I know all about how some rides just suck but this was different. I left the spot and hopped another straight wall about a half hour later and everything was back to normal.

Anything like this ever happen to anyone before?

I get it a lot haha, some days I'm in the mood to do big drops and won't feel any pain or fear at all. Other days I sketch out dropping off the smallest thing.

Same with up to fronts, I also get it sometimes when you have your front wheel hanging over something and you have to wheel-transfer but if the back wheel isn't on properly the front will drop and you'll go over bars.