Bmx rear wheel

Echo-Scott

I currently have an 09(ish) wtp trust bmx. Everything on it is just the standard parts.

I've had a lot of issues with the driver though. I've wrecked the bearing in it 2 or 3 times now.

First time i managed to get it through warranty but then it happened again and i had to just fix it myself.

So long story short, Im looking at getting a new rear wheel for it.

Now, Having not rode for a few years i very much doubt ill be any good at first.

So can someone recommend me a relatively cheap wheel thats not just going to collapse straight away?

The idea is to just run this bike for maybe a year or 2. And if im still enjoying the Bmx by then, I'll just buy a whole new bike really.

Having looked online i've found a few around the £60-80 mark that look to be reasonably decent. Is that what I should expect to be paying?

Is it a whole new wheel you need, or just a new hub?

Or do you want an entire new wheel anyway?

I've got an old rear wheel I could probably throw you for pretty cheap, it's from a diamondback complete, and it's about 2 years old, but it's never failed me!

£100 will probably be able to get you a decent one, stick to good brand names like BSD, Cinema, Profile, Cinema,

Source BMX have got a really good selection of wheels, and they build up custom made ones for you and only charge you for parts, they build it for free

Well, The only problem is the hub really.

But the rims flaking and just looks a bit crappy to be perfectly honest.

So by the time ive bought a hub, spokes and then built it. Ill just be saving myself the trouble by getting a new wheel.

Ill go check out Source in the morning and see if I can get something together.