cranks for my bike.

shansen

hi guys ive been out of the game for a lot of years and am planning to start riding again... 

im in the process of building a onza zoot 24" i bought the frame set some years back and haven't used it yet. 
i slapped some profile racing cranks on there, but it was a fail. the axle is too short and the cranks dont clear the frame. I am a bit worried about ordering more bmx cranks as i believe the problem will be the same, any recommended crank set for under 200 quid? 

and dose anyone know if the inspired crank set will fit?

thanks seb.

hello. i have a zoot pro and run a truvative gxp2 crank and bb with plenty of clearance. have also run it with external bb saints, deores and xts. And front freewheel echos, on an isis 128mm bb.  if you are not bothered about badge, external bb shimano deores are perfectly reasonable and a bargain.

before you run and buy new cranks, can't you just add a spacer? the axle of my standard bmx cranks is a little short too (a few mm on each side) but no problem whatsoever. stays thight. i'm not doing any big stuff though, no big drops or such.

iirc the arcade does have a longer axle than standard bmx. and also profile have spare axles that are longer (but pretty expensive: 90€ iirc)

Thanks rob ill look at some of Them options.

yeah jeff ive added all the spacers i dared, the Axel is almost long enough i thought about ordering a longer profile Axel but shipping from America is always a pain, I would like to run some bmx style cranks if I can though so I'll have a look at the iirc.

thanks for the replies :)

there's profile europe too (i've ordered from them before, went ok).

there's a few mtb companies that have bmx style cranks - those might come with longer axles (octane one for example). otherwise i found it pretty difficult to find a longer axle for sale (mainland europe here). i think standard bmx is a bit longer than 5 inches and the longer ones for mtb are 6 inches.

5 hours ago, jeff costello said:

there's profile europe too (i've ordered from them before, went ok).

there's a few mtb companies that have bmx style cranks - those might come with longer axles (octane one for example). otherwise i found it pretty difficult to find a longer axle for sale (mainland europe here). i think standard bmx is a bit longer than 5 inches and the longer ones for mtb are 6 inches.

thanks ill check out this other one, and didnt know about the europe profile but sounds handy, the inspired cranks have 152mm axel and my profile one is 146mm but i actually dont think its enough to clear, so i think ill have to live with a isis or taper bb and some mtb cranks to be on the safe side. 

• 1 month later...