Bike selection

Jeff79

I have just purchased a second hand 20inch onza. I’m really enjoying it but not sure if it works for me completely. It has v brakes all round which seem to work ok but have a lot of pull. Thinking about jumping on a larger wheel bike. Can anyone help with what the difference would be for 20, 24 and 26?

thanks

On 12/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, Jeff79 said:

It has v brakes all round which seem to work ok but have a lot of pull.

thanks

you can improve the performance with a few cheap upgrades. some quality levers and some fresh brake cables will make a huge difference to the feel. i think the ones i linked come with a set of cables too.and some proper trials pads will also help. you can also grind your rims.

as for different bikes, bigger wheels and bigger bikes can be more forgiving, and because they're bigger they give you more leverage so you can make bigger moves, at a trade off of manoeuvrability (you will overcome this with practice) and bigger tyres will offer more grip too. if your tall you'll find them much comfier although i'm 6ft and rode mod for years quite happily. ride as many bikes as you can and get a feel for what you like. and find other people to ride with and you'll progress a lot faster..