Bt Raven - Planet-x Tibo

Mr Motivator

BT 5.0 or Alibongo (Tibo)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. BT 5.0 or Alibongo (Tibo)

• BT Raven 5.0
    • Planet-X Alibongo (Tibo)

I agree with you Matt, but only on some points.

I'm 5'8", ride a Coust. It's a long bike, and I feel it on some moves.. On stuff like front touches and sidehops I love the extra length, but from time to time I feel like I can't compress enough for bigger gaps and other stuff.. Also, rolling gaps seemed a bit of a pain with my 120mm stem but became easier with the 90mm I'm currently running.

I do miss the shortness of my previous frame when rolling steep stuff and when the sections get tight... Hard to control the Coust in the same way I could control my Crescent..

Long bikes are cool though.

Yeah I agree 100% actually. The only move I have yet to master is the rolling gaps. I've tried many different things out, the most sucessful has been changing for a harder gear ratio. I tried 18:14 but I struggled with other moves. I'm sticking with 18:15 for the mo...and I can scrape about 10ft rolling...But when you are riding with the Magical Mr Chai 90% of the time, its hard to not be morally destroyed by his 13ft antics :D

Ive recent changed froma base to a 1080 pure, and i can honestly say i can NOT feel the difference the bike feels exactly the same its great, i can manage about 9ft rolling but thats dam difficult, id never ride a short bike now after riding this, the extra lenth makes it easier to do quite a few things.

• 5 months later...
I'm not sure you'll still read this, if you've made a clear decision but people should know. BT Raven's are not 'too' long for the vast majority of riders. People should realise its your style of riding (and by that i don't mean popping manuals etc..) I mean the way in which you appoach obstacles. This means that from the heights of about 5'6ft to 6ft + the wheelbase would be perfect if like I said, you approach obstacles and certain moves in a French-UCI-Badboy styleeee.

Anyway...I'm 5'7-8ft and I find the BT easy to manual  :).  Having spoken to Rav in much detail about future models it appears things aren't going to change and hopefully get a bit longer. (Y)

Another thing to bear in mind for anyone who still thinks that the length will just be too much, is when you do get used to it, the potential for larger moves is obvious immediatly :P  (Hooks, bumps sidehops)

By the way...What I've said applies to all long bikes...I'm not just trying to be a hardcore salesman B) Although BT's are the only ones with 375 chainstays, unless you want to pay all the money for an 05' Pitbull.

I'm done here... ^_^

You`ve said everything who got to be said..