Can Anyone Give Advice On The Hope Bulb Hub?

stuntsbyjon

Hi, not sure if this is a new post topic or not, but I can't find what I am looking for anywhere else. (Y) I have the Hope bulb rear hub which is really annoying me by making a loud cracking noise when I try the bigger stuff. I think it may simply be the springs, but has anyone got any advice as to a means of determining what it is before I order the new springs, just incase I need pawl ratchets too? Thanx. Jon.

P.S. If this is anywhere else, can someone shout and i'll delete or whatever. :">

Thanks guys. I am gonna strip it down later on tonight. I am sure that the ratchet ring was ok about three weeks ago when I stripped it for the same thing, maybe I missed summit. (Y) Will the XC hub fit in then? I may be tempted to send it back to hope, but I bought it second hand and I am not too sure about their returns policy...

surely if u put a ratchet from an xc in a bulb it wil be an xc with titanium freehub body wont it?

errrr..... yeah. and?

whilst we're on hope hubs...

at the moment, i can hear each individual pawl engagin at different times in my xc, so have triple the engagement (requires new pawls and springs, but i can't afford at the moment (Y)). despite this, it has not slipped ONCE!!

i know plenty of people who despise xc/mono's because they broke in a matter of months, however, mines lasted ages, and i have no intention of changin just yet. suggested the xc/mono ratchet as the larger teeth are (in theory) less prone to breaking, especially in the 'stamp stamp' world of trials

smithy

my bulb makes all kinda noises im pritty sure 2 pawls make a diffrent sound to the other one (Y)

buy some new springs jon around £3 maybe really not to sure but should be up on www.wiggle.co.uk

my bulbs been fine for over a year and still fine

:-

Edited by HarshRider

You do understand that you just jinxed yourself. Bulbs always break! I have never seen one not. But its just a simple trip to Hope and its sorted again.

Idont think i have ever even seen harshrider's bulb slip. it has always been more solid than my xc was. and if i ever have problems with my king, then it'l be a bulb for me aswell (Y)

Hi again guys an gals...

As dan suggested, it is the ring gear. :P Gutted...

The rest of it is all perky and fine, just the ring gear has a fair few teeth missing from it. :P Can I send it back to hope and ask for a new ring gear (can they do that?) or will it involve a new hub. I am hoping (get it :"> ) that hope can replace the ring gear, even if I have to pay for them to do it as I like the hub and it rode great before this little happening. Anyways, can anyone advise on this? Cheers lads and lasses. Jon :S

Hi again guys an gals...

As dan suggested, it is the ring gear. :P Gutted...

The rest of it is all perky and fine, just the ring gear has a fair few teeth missing from it.  :P Can I send it back to hope and ask for a new ring gear (can they do that?) or will it involve a new hub. I am hoping (get it  :"> ) that hope can replace the ring gear, even if I have to pay for them to do it as I like the hub and it rode great before this little happening. Anyways, can anyone advise on this? Cheers lads and lasses. Jon :P

That would be the ratchet. Ring hope and explain whats wrong and they will tell you to send it in where they usually replace it free of charge. The only fee you may be asked for usually is the return postage :S