Counter Strike Names....and

Mr Dave

hey,

well i was going to post a topic asking about upgrading my pc, then also thought i would ask for peoples cs names so i can add them and play games with fellow trials riders :sick:

ok, so yeah, just post your cs name :) or add me (echodave) as im not sure on how to add people :)

next

i want to upgrade my pc, and being me, i cant remeber exactly what parts ive got (even though i built it along with a mate)

Amd Athlon XP2700+ 2.17Ghz

512ram - cant remeber what type/speed exactly - thinking about getting another 512mb

128gfx card, Radeon 9200 series

80gb harddrive - fine ive got loads of room left

cd re-writer

dvd - thinking about a dvd writer, dont really think ill use uit though

ive got a sonic fury soundcad but im using the onbaord one, seems ok

ive got 4 lil speakers with a big subwoofer, perhaprs a nicer set of suround sound speakers? these are wuite old

think thats it, ive proberly missed something really big

yeah. so the main things a gfx card i think, it plays hl2 smoothly just on mostly medium settings, id like to be able to play it smooth on all he high settings :sick:

thanks for any help

Dave :blink:

Ok, Processor is fine unless you want to beast it up.

If you do get an AMD 64 3200+ or something similar, get another 512MB of ram.

Graphics card get a 9800Pro  Or get a 9800SE and get this months PC Gamer which tells you how to change the SE into a Pro

ok kool, erm, bit more info on the gfx card please :) what mb is it? and price ?

im not sure on how much i wana spend, give me some prices, and how much i will gain and i shall go from there :sick: thanks for your help so far mate :blink:

Ok the 9800Pro is around £110, the Processor should be around £90-100 depending how good it is and where you get it from the RAM should be at tops £55, the 9800Pro is 128MB or 256MB but the 128MB will be sufficient as the memory in graphics card isn't really a big thing apart from in mega demanding games that cripple my PC like a kick to the bollocks. Hope this helps. And try www.kelkoo.co.uk to find cheap prices :)

And all of the extra stuff will make it go alot faster I get about 100fps on HL2 and that's with what I call pretty good graphics and my PC ain't as good as that :blink:

Edited by MrMonkey

You can't put an Athlon64 into that PC. But the processor is fine really.

Basically - get the graphics card. 512Mb more RAM will make a bit of difference for some games (Half-Life included), but nowhere near as much as a decent graphics card. But monkey is right about the graphics memory, there's not really much point in getting more than a 128Mb card, unless you're looking at a 6800/x800 series card or higher. I would bore you with the reasons but I can't be arsed so just take my word for it :blink:

Yup, that's the right one.  I think it's the 256bit version, but it doesn't say.  Best check though, the 128bit ones are pretty rubbish.  And yes, it'll make your PC roar :blink:

[FBM]CannonFodder[Rip Deej] is my name.

it is the 256bit version because i got it and checked

dave is this cs: source talking about or 1.6?

god dam why does everyone play 1.6 get source its cool ( though i cant say much as ive never played 1.6)

edit: o my god azuerus you took away that post quick, i just realised too that he might be talking about source as he mentioned hl2 at top :blink:

Edited by toby

Yup, that's the right one. I think it's the 256bit version, but it doesn't say. Best check though, the 128bit ones are pretty rubbish. And yes, it'll make your PC roar

[FBM]CannonFodder[Rip Deej] is my name.

oki sweet cheers :)

it is the 256bit version because i got it and checked

dave is this cs: source talking about or 1.6

:blink: kool

oh does it matter? lol whopps :">

well at the mo, im just playing source, but will hopefully have 1.6 sun night

so yeah ican play you now ?

oki sweet cheers :)

:blink: kool

oh does it matter? lol whopps  :">

well at the mo, im just playing source, but will hopefully have 1.6 sun night

so yeah ican play you now ?

i will play now, just add me on msn or add me on friends list on steam toby_trialsin@hotmail.com

edit: o my god azuerus you took away that post quick, i just realised too that he might be talking about source as he mentioned hl2 at top :-

Yeah, me too. I was getting confused with the other thread. Anyway, Source is loads better. Oh, and TeamwarRider, running PC2100 is not a good idea, you're really holding back the FSB (N)