Bottom Brakets

Mr Dave

Hey

just a quick question...

ive been using raceface bottom brackets for quite a while now...

in the past ice done them up to the torque they say to 32lbs or something, but after a few days they come loose, i put a reasonble amount of grease on the thread on the bb and in the frame, would this make them come loose ? so shal i just use less grease?, wel i tried that, and did it up tighter (i guess i didnt use the torque gauge) and it didnt come loose, butin stead the bb fu*ks up :P

sooooo, ive just recieved my dh sig bb back from raceface, so what shall i do?, can i use some locktite??? or locktite AND a lil bit of grease? but surely if i use locktite and grease, the grease will just make the locktite pointless?

oh nearly forgot to say, with my past few bbs, ive done them tighter the bearing feel shite and stiff, so dont just say do it up well tight :ermm:

so what do you do with yours?

thanks for all you help :ermm:

Dave :P

Edited by Mr Dave

Thats the problem with (high end) RF BBs... the cups adjust the bearing preload :ermm: Poor design.

You'll have to use loctice, but degrease it first (actually degrease it, not just wipe it).

I had to use a ton of red loctite on mine when i had it.

Thats the problem with (high end) RF BBs... the cups adjust the bearing preload  Poor design.

You'll have to use loctice, but degrease it first (actually degrease it, not just wipe it).

I had to use a ton of red loctite on mine when i had it.

HOLY MOFO'S SUPERMAN!

i hadnt even finished check reading it!

:ermm: you would have thought they could make a good bb for that price!

ok, so your saying make it COMPLETLY clean, then use loads of locktite, then do it up to the corect torque?

(just checking, because thats what my lbs said not to do basically)

and your sure this wont get stuck in the frame?

:ermm: thanks for your help ad!

ok, so your saying make it COMPLETLY clean, then use loads of locktite, then do it up to the corect torque?

(just checking, because thats what my lbs said not to do basically)

and your sure this wont get stuck in the frame?

Hmm, im curious as to why they told you not to do this...?

Anyway, not shitloads, but enough to make sure it covers the threads, of course. Loctice doesnt chemically bond the materials together, simply expands to cause pressure between the surfaces, so i cant see any problems with removal...

mm, im curious as to why they told you not to do this...?

Anyway, not shitloads, but enough to make sure it covers the threads, of course. Loctice doesnt chemically bond the materials together, simply expands to cause pressure between the surfaces, so i cant see any problems with removal...

well thats what i said, but for some reason he said if you use just locktite it will proberly get stuck in the frame :P (i said to him that i thought locktite just broke after any strong forcewas put on it)

so he said put a lil bit of grease on there then a tiny bit of locktite.

ok well ill listen to you :ermm:

:P cheers i shall go try this now

actualy one more thing, the bb is 118, at the mo im running my super pro bash (middleburns) but it just deflects every obsticle to my downtube :P, so if i put my pro bash back on , i will have to use 3 spacers, is this ok? :ermm: (sorry if its blatenly not) :">

thanks Dave :P

Hmm, depends how thick those spacers are? Id not recommend any more than 3mm's worth really.

Id say its worth a go if we both think it

erm, just the normal ones that come with raceface, im not sure how thick they are, t a guess 3mm yeah :P ,

or do you mean its ok if all 3 spacers come up to 3mm in total?,

or do you mean its ok as long as each spacer isnt more than 3mm, so the total wont be more than 9mm?

god ive confused myself now :ermm: lol, does that make sence?

yepo :ermm: (Y)