Where Did You Come From ?

TheMunn

Always have liked bikes .

Out one day rideing with a kid in my brothers year that rode dh, then his mate who rode trials came along and started uping bins sidehoping benches and manuleing, i just thort wow i wanna do that.

So then about a mounth later i saw fatmike rideing around outside school and decide it was what i wanted two do.

I got his adress off the fourm which someone gave me the link 4, he rembered me from when he used two ride around with my brother, then he gave me PythonRiders msn who i have nown from trips down the skatepart from rideing bmx and we whent out one night and he showed me how two back hop and side hop a curb and that was it i was hooked.

Saved up my paperround money and brought a mod, got it a few weeks later and had a ride in worcester with fatmike and tom met up with steve-a and matt , who all gave me incuragement and helped me out.

Then showed all my friends who i rode and sk8ted wid my new bike chuffed 2 peices took the piss cuz it looked diffrent :wub: .

Decided i diunt want to ride with them anymore and and just stuck to going out with trials riders .

Now 2 mounths on am chuffed that i stared to ride trials and carnt thank Steve mike and tom enoufgh for not just saying aw he is a little kid and not rideing wid me.

Wooo what a boring story :-

Sam

Always have riden bikes around on the street and stuff but at about the age of nine started to seriously get into skateboarding. The main person i skated with bought (sp.) a hoffman BMX from the local skateshop :- , legends, and i decided to get one.

Saved up for ages and ages to get £360 for an eastern ace of spades (i ended up choosing this due to grant peters (he kinda comes in later) advising me when i went into my lbs, cyclopedia). Rode on this from just before my 13th birthday. Went to nass with a few mates and saw the saracen mad trials team, WOW, i thought.

After a period of trials research (during which i came across this forum but dismissed it) i bumped into grant peters down at watford skatepark and approached him to ask advice (unknowingly, for the second time). He also told me about trials forum then so i went back to it. Shortly after i went to collect a second hand t-bird off jake on here and put hs33's on it. That was the halfterm before the christmas holidays, i think, it seems like years ago.

Here i am now and since then i have also brought a new second hand :) bmx that was also adveratised on here. I have no one to ride trials with and end up on my own all the time. Sometimes i take my trials bike out instead of my BMX when i go riding skatepark with my bmx and mtb freinds but can't keep up when were on the move :wub:. Generally i save trials for every evening around my area and on peices of wood in my garden and impressing local chavs (or trying to :">)when they ask me to "do a wheelie".

Thats my life story in a single post, Max.

• Like 1

i always used to ride xc with my dad

back in 96 he bought a kona lava dome, and be bought me a 24'' rideback mountaint series kids bike. he upgraded it with rst 154 forks and acera canti brakes! it was awesome

then, when u turned 11, the minis started to beckon me.... and the bikes were all but forgotten.

until one day i went round to a mates house, he lived out of town, so i borrowed dads old kona to ride out to his.

i got there and he told me about a jump spot nearby, so off we went, toe clips and all!

i thought i was awfully good at this jumping thing, and soon i was riding regularly again, and i had rediscovered all the old trails around me, it was awesome!

then in august 2000, i went to bike live at newnham park in plymouth.

there i saw ashton and hawzie, along with a few other people (including tim stedman strangely enough) riding speed trials on a demo rig.

i was hooked, i instantly stated hopping about on the old kona.

yet due to my imense lack of knowledge, i thought upgrading the kona was the way forward.

so 600quid later it had hope xc's, magura hs33s, a set of z3 100mm forks, and a shiney set of fire xc prosalong with afew other bits.

i started sidehopping off things, until one day my dad saw me sidehop off a 3ft wall.

he went mad!!!!

he said he wouldnt let me ruin the xc frame doing 'stunts' and said he would sooner buy me a proper bike than have me kill his kona frame

so....

a call to partridge cycles later revealed an ex-demo saracen x-ess for 250.

i got that for my birthday on september, and being a 'jump bike' i started riding trails on it, until december when i remembered bike live....

maguras for christmas,

and i guess the story just goes on from there.... 4 years later, and a grand total of 11 frames later (not all snapped-only 6 of those snapped :() here i am

currently going bigger than ever and breaking less parts than ever.... result!