Seem To Be Getting Through Lots Of Disk Pads

David

Recently I seem to be getting through my hope mini brake pads rather fast. I will be needing a new pair again soon. Is this just because I use my bike/brake a lot?? There is no drag on it and its set-up as straight as possible. Just been using the standard hope pads.

Sintered pads work alot better, also don't need bedding in. I think EBC make some decent hope pad's, if not fibrax one's are also good.

Yeah, I have heard they are good but im not sure how well they perfom in the wet and if they have a better lock then the standard pads.

I got my hope mini nearly 2 years ago, never replaced the pads, they still have loads of life left.

same here, on our trail bikes mhy dad replaces his m4's every year or so, but that is because of all the grit and mud.

I've bought one pair of new pads over 2 years of having a front and rear Mini, and i only bought that 'cos i was going downhilling in Morzine.

The front one is now on my Trials bike, the rear is on the DH bike. They're both failrly low at the moment (about 1.5mm each) but thats not bad for 2 years use including 2 weeks of hardcore downhill-age.