Magura Julie...

N.Wood

Hello all, i just bought back my old Julie from a mate for a fiver, and the lever pulls all the way back to the bar (or near enough anyway). The brake has had trouble with leakage ever since Jake decided to take it apart, then it's just deteriorated from there really.

So....Any chance of a warrenty d'you recon? It was bought at the 2004 Bikeshow (under a year old) and HS33's have a 5 year leak proof warrenty from what i remember, any chance of these having a warrenty?

If not is there anything i can do to stop the problem other than just topping it up every so often?

P.S: I would get a new brake if i could afford it, please don't suggest an Avid or something :P

Woody

Mr Munn, i might do, but my LBS is pretty poor.

Update: i topped it up with fluid, everything was dandy for about 2 seconds until the fluid started to leak out of the hole they drill in the top cap (to allow the diaphragm to expand i presume), and theres not a whole lot i can do about this...

I'll email Magura/Venhill and see what they say, i'm at a loose end at the moment :-

magura are usually pretty good on their warranty and i thnk all thier brake socm with 5 years cover

you cant service magura brakes very easily as they dont do seal kits which sucks :)

my julie leaked at the master piston but it was too old too send back so i just bought a nice new shimano lever (xt £25 from crc) and the brake is awesome!!

(i didnt wanna bother with another horrible magura lever...........)

best bet is to get on contact with magura :)