We've Been Screwed

Rich Pearson

Trial Media

I'd give them this, its to show them what we actually do, what out bikes are actually for, we aint no BMXer so we cant go to a "local" skate park we aint no roadie, we aint no down hiller, we're trialsers, just 'cos some bik aint got no seats they think oh look that aint an average bike its a bit battered so that means they're most likely to be vandolisers, druggies, etc.

The only thing I can think of is to appologise, and then explain to them what trials is about and then tell them that there is absaloutly no where with a TRIALS PARK, then tell them what a trials parl probably would contain, and that it should be indoors mainly because of the weather, and then there would be lights for the night maybe.

But anyway sorry to hear about it, I and a couple of mates have had our names taken down, but its never gone this far (Y) unlucky.

corish

yuo cant actually say that as elliot firth goes to a skatepark and rides it for a while lol

Dan

sorry to piss of you fire

c you today

Edited by Brisa~Dan

Ok so your saying any UCI rider can ride street but no one else? And I really think its nie on impossible to break a wall with a tyre.

No shit, bashguards DO break walls, you must have seen it mark up the edges and damage wood, etc... If everyone was UCI and never hit metal to object, do you think anyone would call it vandalism? No, because nothing would get damaged! It is vandalism.

Also, those that say we are paralleled to chavs and cant understand it - well quite often riders DO cause a nuisance, riding on high street obstacles getting in the way. If someone almost landed on you with a bike, or seemed out of control coming off of a wall (and you wouldnt be able to know the difference between in control and not in control as a random uninformed member of the public) you wouldn't like it! Much like people don't like ghetto roods terrorising the streets! There are blinding similarities.

No shit, bashguards DO break walls, you must have seen it mark up the edges and damage wood, etc... If everyone was UCI and never hit metal to object, do you think anyone would call it vandalism? No, because nothing would get damaged!  It is vandalism. 

Also, those that say we are paralleled to chavs and cant understand it - well quite often riders DO cause a nuisance, riding on high street obstacles getting in the way.  If someone almost landed on you with a bike, or seemed out of control coming off of a wall (and you wouldnt be able to know the difference between in control and not in control as a random uninformed member of the public) you wouldn't like it!  Much like people don't like ghetto roods terrorising the streets! There are blinding similarities.

I don't know about everyone else, but I never ride anywhere where theres lots of people for that exact reason. Even If I have to go through somewhere like the pedestrianised areas where theres loads of people, I just get off and push untill I get out the other side. When the guys in Taunton got busted, there was NO-ONE around, it was a sunday and everything was closed.

Thanks for all the comments though, and I second Tics idea of a mass Taunton ride (anyone is welcome to come down whenever they want by the way...), I ain't kidding when I say this, we have the most pissy cops and traffic wardens in the whole of devon. Even the street sweepers start hyperventilating at someone riding a bike!

Rich