Frame Review

Fishwog

OK, I've been riding the Echo Control 1065 for about 2.5 month's now, so I thought for people who are considering it, I would write up a small review for it (N)

I will be comparing it to a Planet-X tibo in places....

Backwheel Control: I found the control, much easier to *sigh* control on the back wheel, it felt much more balanced and slightly more effortless. On the front wheel (front hops, nose manuals) it is very nice to keep balance of aswell.

Kick - gapping: This was the most noticable difference with the frame. I could gap so much further and not to say much more effortlessely! I have recently managed around 7.5ft, I could just manage 6ft on my tibo....

Static to front wheel: Very similar to the tibo, quite effortful, but comfortable.

Front-bumping: Ahhhh, good ol' front taps :P I have recently managed 41" on a vertical wall ever since I got this frame, it is very nice to front bump, but I'm sure the new chunkier tyre may be helping a bit. I also find that I am not veering off to one side either now.....

Bunnyhop: This frame, although longer is easier to pull up to bunnyhop and manual, but I rarely do/done either with both frames, so I can't give much infomation on that.

Spins!: The frame is much easier to spin about than the tibo was, infact I find this frame easier to spin than most of my friends shorter bikes! I have recently been pulling off 360's on the front wheel, but am still learning to do it on the back wheel.

Sidehops: This was the only downside for me, I love my sidehops, and I struggle a bit more than I did with the tibo.... I could get around 39" with my tibo, but so far have only managed about 34-35" with the control, I am trying to learn to go to both wheels instead of front wheel first, so if anyone has any tips, please tell!

Strength: I can only judge the strength by looking at it, but I must say that you would be silly to look at the control frame and not think of it as chunky and strong looking! Aswell as very beautiful!

Actual wheelbase measures up at 1073mm with fattyR forks.

Overall, I would describe this frame as having the control, balance and ease of a long bike, with the maneouverability of a shorter bike, which can only be a good thing!

*yawns*

control19aj.jpg

control20qo.jpg

PM me or reply in here if anyone wants any more detailed pictures of the frame, or any more details on it!

Sam. :)

Edited by Fishwog

Yes they've got a hammerite silver finish on them. I might consider getting some Echo Urbans soon......

Don't. Get some nitromors, take all the paint off, (only nitromors and a toothbrush needed, no sanding) and you will find that the forks have a brushed effect similar to that of your frame already on the metal. (quality you see) Just laquer it up for a really professional look. I done with a mate on his fatties, and they look awesome, match his pitbull frame perfectly.

Saving you lots of money you could get a decent frame with (Y)