Urban/dirt Jump/fun Bike

thegoofeedude

Hi,

I am thinking about getting 26" front sus bike for playing on. I wanna do some urban riding, riding down staircases and such, maybe a little dirt jumping or park riding.

I am looking at This Bike by Marin, because the geometry feels really comfortable. The thing is, I also think This Specialized P.2 might be better suited to punishment and hold up better.

Do you know anyone with a Marin, or a Specialized? What would you recommend?

Edited by thegoofeedude

The Marin is an amazing bike BUT it's designed as a "hardcore" trail bike not for urban/jump riding. If you're wanting to do urban riding then the P.2 is the way to go as it's designed for exactly that purpose! Not sure wether your budget encompasses this but an orange hitman are supposed to be excellent urban bikes.

Thanks a ton guys, I appreciate the advice.

Shuan: I was totally thinking the same thing, nice to have a second opinion :)

Grant: I'm in the USA :"> but I hang out here because I thinks it's the best trials community. So I think shipping would be a problem (Y) .

Thanks again guys :) I am gonna go for the P.2 I think, as long as I can find somewhere to test drive it.

I am getting a Norco 125 soon great value for money and a great spec. Good bike if you only want sopme thing for mewssing about on or even if you want to go for it serious. There is also the commercial something which is very good.

The marin looks alright. I used to have a marin B-17 they are very nice IMO.

Tom

Hey,

I actually settled on the Giant STP3, as it does what I need it to, and I got a good deal ($350 (~182.3 GBP), lifetime warranty on the frame, year warranty on the parts, free service for a year (truing wheels and that sort of thing)). I am very happy with the geometry, it's got a good upgrade path (first things first, gotta getta bash ring).

Here are some pics:

mybikefull1.jpg

mybikefront.jpg

SR Suntour 100mm travel fork

Front and rear V-Brakes

Aluminum alloy frame

K-Rad 1.95" urban tires

Unknown brand double wall rims

Unknown brand cranks

The bike was cheap because the components are mostly cheap, but I am OK with that for now. I can upgrade as I go, and the frame does look like it will last a while (At least a year, considering it does have a 'lifetime warranty' (Y) and a replaceable rear dropout.)

Thanks again for all the replies! :)

Oh yeah, according to Giant's website, the STP line's frame geometry was designed by Jeff Lenosky, which is pretty cool I think :)