Sods Law?!?!?!?!

guineasmithpig

so its been nice outside all day, if a little cold. but i've been a good boy and finished my maths coursework before going out on the bike. so i've just finished fitting my new rimjam pads, and setting the old maggie up for optimum performance. no sooner had i closed the tool box, the heavens opened, n now its pissing down with rain!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

what a piss take! now i can't ride tonight as it looks like its here to stay, and i'm working tomorrow and monday til 6pm. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. will be lucky if i can get an hour or two after work tomorrow, but thats about it for daytime riding ths week.

does the UK weather have something against us trials riders or what? i dunno about u guys, but this has happened to me on many many occasions during my years of riding trials. watching videos, getting all psyched up for a big ride, and then it starts raining as we're opening the garage door to get our bikes out.

this is why i want an xc bike as soon as possible. i'd just go out in the pouring rain across the hills, just to be able to get out of the flat. ah well, might as well start building wheels for my giant trials bike (which will be for sale very soon to fund an xc bike! keep em peeled!)

disappointingly miserable

smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig

tried new pads in the dry for bout 1.5 hours

given up because brake bite and lock was dangerously SHIT!!!!!!!

thinkin it might have more to do with the grind than the pads yet

i rubbed across a smooth rim, and it was like they were stuck to it :turned:

though i don't seem to think i can smooth my ronnie out after a grind.

will regrind and report back

smithy

ps, major respect for rimjam quality of service!!!! had a bit of an arse-ache with paypal, but wally kept my upto date with emails from the off. good laaaaad