House Of Commons

KoxXy

Hi all, I posted a few months ago about being invited to house of commons for a confrence with the labour party.

Well now i've been and i can now tell you it was a waste of time. All you political nuts don't hold you breath on it being fun if you get invited. It was dis organised and as i already knew was a PR campaign. Basicaly feeding everybody this ' Make poverty history' rubbish. Well Mr Blair (who wasn't there im glad to say) How about you help you self before you help others i.e Stuff helping the other countrys by plowing money into them it doesn't help. Plow the money into out own country which is in its own kinda of mess, Health care system is a shambles the justice system is a joke, Schools are going down hill, Youth problems and anti social behaviour is a massive problem. My local MP Barbra follet was faced with a question today and her two lil friend said they vote against it and she havin to be different had to agree, The question was 'Why don't they legalise Canabis' Well the young man who said this hasn't done his homework as its already technicaly legal, Decriminalised to be exact, so the police will turn a blind eye as long as you arn't smoking it in public or causeing trouble due to it. Mrs follet agree's it should be legalised, Claimin there is a massive industry behind the drug which could be taken hold of and taxed and the money go to treatin people who have developed phsycosis due to cannabis abuse. Well yes thats all well and good other then the fact, You cannot tax a industrie you can't find due to it being illegal and if you legalise it then you open the flood gates to everybody who can then do cannabis and then move onto harder stuff so it just gets worse.Anti-social behaviour is the biggest most obvious problem at the moment and there is nothing to stop it, So why doesn't Mr Blair plow money into that insted of pissin it away into stoppin kids cutting school. He came into power in 1997 and from 1997 till now hes spent over 8.8 million pounds tryin to stop kids skipping school, the figures for kids skippin school hasn't changed, if anything got worse. If kids are gonna cut school they will do it no matter what. Money wasted!!!

Basicaly it was 4 hours of lets change somthing lets help stop poverty, Well to be honest the goverment are doing ooh so well at that aren't they by givein the countrys more bloody money! If you just cancel world debt and let them get on with it them selves then they will be find, there are enuff aid organisations out there to help them and give them DONATED money not TAXED money. Africa could make a new start if there debts were cleared, They are paying back 8 million a year ! that could easliy start them over again.

Mrs follet and her party memebers funny enough one who said shes is called the trouble maker cause shes has a big mouth. Maybe shes called a verbal terrorist. Anyways when confronted with a question would turn it around leavin the poor question asker feelin small and then having no choice to agree with the views of the party memeber as its all that seemed right. A question came up asking 'What degree do you need to be in parliment' answers varied, I asked ' Is one of the degree's , A degree in Decite and lieing' My question was met with a sharp silence and a nervous larf, and then the Mr party member stepped in with his big words to try and baffle everybody and once again belittled us all. There maybe people who got allot from this experience but i know 95% of people left very dis pointed.

Did i mention the Mr party member opened his speach with, 'YOU ALL think us polititians are old boring, have no life, no family and don't care' Do you know what we think of you, ' YOUR ALL lazy slobs who get up in the middle of the day, doss around doing nothing and then go out like yobs and cause trouble, Hands up who thinks my two examples of what we think of each other are right? common it do'

Nice way to start you PR campaign???........I think not.

This may all seem totaly un called for and basic trash but they think they are so great, Mrs follet at the end saw my friend who was wearin a Charcole grey burberry scarf and she said to him as he went to ask a questions ' Thats very CHAV of you' 5 mins later the stere-o typical hypacrit got up and walked out with a grey burberry scarf rapped around her neck!. end of pointless lecture! had to get this trash off my mind, its been pissin me off all eveing.

The question was 'Why don't they legalise Canabis' Well the young man who said this hasn't done his homework as its already technicaly legal, Decriminalised to be exact, so the police will turn a blind eye as long as you arn't smoking it in public or causeing trouble due to it.

There is a big difference between de-criminalisation and legalisation. It's far, far from being technically the same thing. Although it still hasn't actually been decriminalised in this country, it's been downgraded to a class C drug (it was previously class B), which means posession is no longer likely to be an arrestable offence. Although you could still technically go down for 2 years for possesion and 14 for dealing - how much you have to be carrying on you to be arrested for dealing is very open ended.

Although it's still a silly question, as we've been slowly going down the road to legalisation for years. You can't expect these sort of things to happen overnight.

The arguement about handing out aid to economincally poorer countries is an interesting one. It's unquestionable that the contemporary solution of just throwing cash at these problems and expecting it to all get better is flawed to say the least, however turning oneself inwards and leaving "them" to sort it out for themselves is just not applicable in the modern world. We live in a highly interconnected global society now, and seperatist concepts like that don't really belong in this time period. I think perhaps what is needed more is a change of attitude from this "us and them" thing that perpetuates peoples consciousness still - we can't hope to share wealth (in both the economic and knowledge sense) on a global level while we still view ourselves as saviours for handing over a little spare change to struggling nations...

Well yes thats all well and good other then the fact, You cannot tax a industrie you can't find due to it being illegal and if you legalise it then you open the flood gates to everybody who can then do cannabis and then move onto harder stuff so it just gets worse.

Why do people move onto harder drugs?

And I think she means the medical cannabisl trade taxing that when/if its legalised, it wont be to long till it is legalised for medical reasons

pinky

vote LCA (Y)

Decriminalised to be exact, so the police will turn a blind eye as long as you arn't smoking it in public or causeing trouble due to it

id like to see someone having a fight after a smoke! Theyd end up not being arsed, giving eachother a hug, roll another joint and go into a debate about something!

They shoud force cannabis smoke into nightclubs at the end of the night to stop fighing at kick out time!

Tiz true though, they should pump our money into our country, and then give away whats left.

Making sure thats its not going on crap though is another thing.

Chav centers will pop up throught england.

If kids want to miss school and they are 15+ they should be left alone, they pretty much know whats gonna happen to themselfs. Aslong as the dole will not support them through life.

i hate dole scroungers!

meh..

The point at throwing money at poor countries being flawed couldnt be truer and it is not an acceptabel solution.

Its all top down based schemes being implemented, what needs to be done is to have a detailed analysis of a countries, even a region drawn up that highlights, social, economic, political, environmental, ethical, religious variations. Its all too complecated to go into Ive been studying this sort of thing for my degree in the case of gender development in latin america.

Basically any project, scheme aimed at creating a better quality of life for poor people in poor countires needs to be aware of local variations etc... What is called for is small scale grassroots based projects.

Im waffling now if you want some pointers ill suggest some books for you all to read. :blink:

There is a big difference between de-criminalisation and legalisation. It's far, far from being technically the same thing. Although it still hasn't actually been decriminalised in this country, it's been downgraded to a class C drug (it was previously class (Y), which means posession is no longer likely to be an arrestable offence.

Sorri mate but its been decriminalised, I should know as my father is with in the police force. It has been down graded yes. De criminalised also, Yes possession is no longer illegal as long as you are using it for personal use. Smokin in public is illegal and also over use.

Sorri mate but its been decriminalised, I should know as my father is with in the police force. It has been down graded yes. De criminalised also, Yes possession is no longer illegal as long as you are using it for personal use. Smokin in public is illegal and also over use.

It is still illegal its just that the police have been issued guidelines not to bother arresting people for possession and just to conviscate it instead.

It is still illegal its just that the police have been issued guidelines not to bother arresting people for possession and just to conviscate it instead.

Hyesssss, Its been decriminalised!!!!!!! But it has not been legalised.