Need A Little Help With.....

Ingram

hello, I am currently building up my own computer, I have had my eye on this mother board (Click me) and this processor (Click me) Anyway to the point, im a bit confused as to which graphics card i whould get ot go with it all, I Would want a amd processor (herd they are better for games) and a 939 mother board but weather to have a agp one or pci express is confusing me. People have said to get the Nvidia 6800 but i don't know how it compares to radeons card at that price, Please could someone help me out and shed some light :sick: :lol:" oh by the way, for graphics card didnt realy want to spend much more than around 300 but if theres a 400 quid one thats worth the extra money, Why not lol :">

If you can afford a little extra go for an NForce 4 motherboard with PCI-E and get a PCI-E graphics card aswell instead of AGP (Y)

As for graphics cards the 6800 GT seams to be best bang for the buck at the moment :lol: But tomm is the gfx card man :sick:

Crumbs, that will be a beast of a system. As Danny has already said, go for PCI-e if you can afford it. It won't make too much difference in actual performance (Even the latest GFX cards come nowhere near to saturating the AGP bandwidth), but it'll definitely be helpful for upgrading in the future.

The 3500+ on s939 is a very popular choice for people who want a very powerful system, so I think that's a good choice. I think the motherboard that Danny linked to is a sensible choice. As well as having PCI-e, it's also got nForce4 chipset, which is probably a bit better than the via pro on the other board.

As for the GFX, yeah danny is right right again. The 6800's seem really good at the moment, in terms of value for money. ATI seem to have lost their way slightly at the top end of the price spectrum. Having said that, I've not really been paying attention to the new ATI cards (X850 series and x800XL), but I still think nVidia are the way to go. If you want to spend a bit less, you could get a 6600GT (About £150 i think), which will play everything out at the moment brilliantly (Especially with that CPU). The only other thing to worry about is the RAM. It would probably be worth getting a gig (2x512), but any more is a bit pointless at the moment.