Rb Levers

Chris@Onza rider

Right I have three Questions.

Are Rb brake levers worth the money? I have heard that the seals go after a while though but these are fairly cheap to replace. Is it true that I can get them from Halfords? because I have asked Supercycles and thay have said that they have never dealt with the product but they advertise it on there web site? :P How much would they be? Areound the 60 mark?

Secondly.

I am after a new bash plate for my Woodman Team Pro but I do not have a clue what bash will fit them as the mounts for them are rather un-usuall.

Thirdly.

What am I best of gettin, some sort of hope that will most likely be used. Or a mechanical avid? Which will benew.

If I get the avid I will be running it on my mod and I weigh 9 and a half stone so what size will be best?

Thanks for your help pepoles. :o

Tom

RB levers are like marmite, you either love em or you hate em. You can pick a second hand one up for £25 and seals can be bought from Heatsink at £2 for a bag. Incidently I am selling both of these for £20 including postage :P"

I am unsure about the bashplate, phone Woodman?

As for the disc, get the new Avid. They are supreme brakes and well worth the money. The 160 disc provided will generate more than enough power to stop you.

:o Guy

So you happen to be selling a RB then Guy? For the sum of 20 brithish pund? If so I will have that off of you for deffinate.

So I should go for the avid mechanical then. What is the differance between the avid ballbearing 7 and the 5? or is it only that you can get the 7 in 160 185 and 205 and the 5 only in 160. Sorry if all those numbers dont make sense.

thanks

RB levers are no longer available new. Supercycles did used to deal with the levers, but they have not had any in stock for about a year. For some reason they always insist they have never sold RB levers (despite the fact i bought mine from them!! :) (Y) ) but they still stock the RB boosters. Any RB component is available from halfords (becuase they have a deal with NSE) which aslo means any Koxx or try-all stuff can be ordered through halfords (but they don't stock it in store, usually a 2 week delivery time from NSE) but NSE have re-called all RB levers becuase a new one is in the designing stages (in order to cure the leaking master cylinder problem) and it was meant to be on sale early this year....... I would say RB levers are worth the money, but they do have their faults. i just prefer the design over the HS33 lever (although the leaking problems do really let them down)