Is This A Comp 24?

mad_gavo

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product.php?pid=522

is this the rear tyre that i suposed to be really good as i was going to get a maxxies minion but ive heard good things about these (if its the right one :P) and theyre cheaper too. :(

What makes me unsure is that it says its tubeless (Y)

also are they recomended as i think the tread looks really nice.

Also rather then start another topic where is the best place to buy a 2.2 hot S from as i want this as a front tyre but the only place i can find them is CRC where they are £29.99 which seems really expensive when the site above has the 2.5 for £20 :P which i was thinking about getting for the rear but i think they pinch alot :unsure:

Cheers gavin :P

Yeah it's the right tyre, the 'Comp 24' kind off gives it away (Y)

They are really nice tyres... grip like f**k in all weathers and have amazing pinch protection. Trying to get a 2.2 Hot-S for under £30 is really hard as they are hard to find in that size... there is aload of 2.5's but not alot of 2.1's and 2.2's kicking about... getting it from CRC is your best bet.

Hope I helped :unsure:

Watson

The Comp24 tyres last longer than the 40A/42A Maxxis tyres.

Very nice tyres, I'd like a 2.5", but they cost £35+ here, while Maxxis tyres are under £20 from my local...

ok cheers

yer i was suprised when i found this 2.5 for £20 (Y)

im kind of thinking against the front 2.2 hot S now cause of the price :unsure: what other front tyres are good? isnt there a maxxies one that is suposed to be good?

:(

NOO Gav you silly man!

Maxxis are where its at :)

but it is up to you.

although am i right in thinking yourll get more bounce out of a minion?

as for the front, id recomend a maxxis highroller 2.35 sp, not too heavy nice'n grippy, however it wont go with your mitch on the back, so go for the 2.2 mitch, then ull have matching tyres :ermm:

and off topic i no BUT

WELL DONE ON PASSING YOUR DRIVING TEST!!!!! 3 MINNORS!!!!!!!! :P :) :P :D

Dave :)

i've been riding with a comp 24 for ages now. i had a 2.2 from crc and it lasted about 4 months, it still has a bit of tread left on it. however at the bike show the 2.5's were on sale for £20 so i got a new one. i've not had a puncture since i first put my 2.2 on.

they're truly quality tyres.

enjoy!