Magura And Rb Questions

rhythm_101

right, i am now the proud owner of a nice and shiny rb lever (thankyou mr quick_spider! :S ) now, am i right in thinking that when i remove the hosing i will need to fit a new olive?,

secondly, i've been toying with the idea of bleeding my brakes with water, but perhaps with the rb lever blade its not such a good idea due to the seals, i remeber someone saying you could bleed them with shock oil, is this true? if so the what viscosity?

thirdly, the rb came with some spare seals, is there anywhere with a discription of how to dismantle/re-build the lever?

and finaly, i also want to fit my unex hose to my magura luiseFR disc, but it requires a torx key, number 7 i believe, does anyone know where i could buy a cheapy one, as the one on CRC is 6 quid (Y) thanks in advance :P (Y)

Right, you will not need to fit a new olive on your hose unless the current one is totally screwed, or it's brand new hose. I bleed my brake with de-ionised water (used with car batteries :S ) and it is fine. Not sure about shock oil >_<

Also when you bleed the RB, make sure to take out the ball bearing behind the bleed screw (Y)

bump...........................anyone else  :S

Make sure you put the ball bearing back in after bleeding aswell! lol

The levers are very easy to dismantle, simple to do and not many parts. They are pretty self explainitry really. Yes water is fine in them, i used it for a while, then went onto magura royal blue blood, which is also good in them.

As for the torque key, have you tried borrowing one maybe from a LBS? If they dont have one then i guess you'll just have to spend the cash :lol:"

Make sure you put the ball bearing back in after bleeding aswell! lol

The levers are very easy to dismantle, simple to do and not many parts. They are pretty self explainitry really. Yes water is fine in them, i used it for a while, then went onto magura royal blue blood, which is also good in them.

As for the torque key, have you tried borrowing one maybe from a LBS? If they dont have one then i guess you'll just have to spend the cash  (Y)"

yup...i work in one! :) but no-one seems to have one so small! the smallest one we have is a T10 :- i think i'll bleed the maggie with water, thanks for your help! (Y) (Y)

Edited by rhythm_101