Need Help

HOPE

Ok, we turned off the computer earlier and everything was fine but when i turned it on just a minute ago, the screen was like focused on a small part, and its stuck oin 4 bit colours. Ive tyred to change it back up but for some reason it restet's itself back to the focused thing and 4 bit colours.

My display is nvidia geforce 2 ti. As i said before the resolution will not change any higher than 800-600 and before you ask, yes i have been reading the help thing and still am.

Please help

either post here or add me on msn hoperider@hotmail.co.uk

Right Click on the screen then properties and change it there.

Dont know if that will work but give it a go.

No thats what im saying. It will not change. Ive just done virus scanns of my display and it found nothing. This computer is a pile of wank... :S

There is an error in your graphics card drivers.  It is using crappy default windows drivers to power your card.  Reinstall the drivers, download them from the web site.

Thanks for help :S

Hey

What you need to do is boot it up in safe mode I think you press F8 when booting up then when it has started up it should use the minimal settings, but it should give you your picture on the whole screen. If it does do this then change it to the best setting you can and that may well solve it. All I can say is give it a whirl. It's the only other option I can think of because all my other solutions have been posted by others. If you're desperate you could possibly try resetting your bios (you might have a clear cmos button on your motherboard or unplug pc for 20 secs) Or try taking the AGP Graphics card out of its AGP slot then re-inserting it. Then get the drivers.

Cheers, Hope I helped.

Rob