Help My New Hope Mono Trial!

hugh_b

I have got the hope mono trial but i was just servicing my bike and some how some oil has dripped down from the steerer tube, (i was lubricating a rusty star cross nut thingy) It's gone on the disk and i didnt notice then i have ridden along but no power. If i get some disk brake cleaner can i just spray it on the disk and pads then it will be back to normal, or do i have to sand pads down with sand paper etc then bed it in again????

-Hugh

I did pratically the same thing (although it was a friend with greasy fingers) yesterday. Just whack the pads over the hob for 5 mins, wash the disk with fairy liquid, and then water to remove the residue. Bed the disk in again, and off you go (Y)

I did pratically the same thing (although it was a friend with greasy fingers) yesterday. Just whack the pads over the hob for 5 mins, wash the disk with fairy liquid, and then water to remove the residue. Bed the disk in again, and off you go  (Y)

when u say wack the pads over tyhe hob for 5 minutes do you mean without cleaning them atall?And what does this actually do to the pad?

-Hugh

Did you bed it in again? If you didnt thats why. If you did, well, how long did you burn the pads? Was a blueish flame coming off them?

My mum was using the hob so i used a lighter the pads turned black so i got that off with some sand paper. Thing is the feel i am getting from the brake is a contaminated pad feel not a i need bedding in feel.

-Hugh

You have to really burn the pads... just using a lighter won't do anything... keep them under a big flame ( Cooker Hob ) for ages until all the oil is burnt away then sand the top layer off and slap them back in the caliper. Wash the rotor with Fairy Liquid... really scrub hard to get it all off, then rinse it with cold water to get rid of the soapy suds and put everything back together and finally go really fast down a big step hill... SORTED!!! :thumbsup:

I know this works as the same thing happened to my Mono Trial (Y)

Watson