Peugeot 306 Xs 1.6 3 Door

Mr Dave

Hello

basically looking to buy one, wanna no peoples opinions.

speed..(acceleration ect, compared to other cars)

running cost..

parts..

how much was yours... are you selling it :)

things that can be done to'em..

room for bikes..

err, and anything else you think i should know..

thanks very much in advance..

also other car recomendations acepted :)

No anyone selling one?

And what sorta price should i pay...if you know..

Tar

Dave :P

tic and george seamons have the 5 doors. go very respectivly  (Y)

Indeed I do.

I have a 1997 1.6 LX 5 door 306 currently with 71,000 on the clock. I bought it for £2795 when it had about 69000 miles, it had 2 former keepers and full main dealer service history up untill around 52000 miles.

The headgasket went within 3 days of me ownng the vehicle but luckily the dealer I bought it from was sound. The dealer replaced the head gasket and cam belt free of charge, the only annoyance was not having a car for 1 weeks while they fixed it. Aparently it is common for a headgasket to go on 306's at around 70000miles so be warned...

Since the headgasket has been sorted I have been very happy with the car. It eats loads more fuel than my old 1 litre 106, but considering the massive difference in engine size I cant complain!

Tax will be like £160 for per year as its a 1600 engine, insurance isnt too bad as they are group 5's. 90Bhp as standard, 60 litre petrol tank, Parkers say a 38 miles per gallon and a top speed of 111mph (Although many people have pushed them further fairly easily!)

You can get 2 bikes and 2 people in the car no problems! You can also get 3 bikes and 3 people in there fairly easily (But so far I have only done this with 2 24's and a 20 I bet you could get 3 26's in there though). You can fit roof bars and bike racks no problem if you needed the extra carrying options.

If you need any more specific info just post in here and I am sure someone can help out...

Tic

Got a 306 diesel-turbo-sport. Been a really good car so far, reliable etc. Got nearly 90k on the clock and still going strong. Payed £2175 for it about 18months ago. They do indeed take corners very well.

Alan

ill agree with that, and mines lowered so its even more fun^_^

here's mine n tics at dj's ride last week

gallery_940_187_32544.jpg
Edited by Bonney@X-Street

I dunno if this is much help but it is at least related to 306s. I had the 306 cabriolet as a courtesy car recently it was a 2.0 version but i figure its fairly similar to the standard versions.

The interior was comfy and everything was well laid out. The steering was crazy just went where you wanted it and even as a cab it wasn't too heavy so cornering was nice (especially compared to my golf which weighs about 4t (Y))

The engine was smooth (16V) gearbox was knackered but the clutch was still light and easy to handle. Felt like it was well made for a french car and they generally look superb.

Tics 306 is pretty damn fast and again looks really good. plus the 1.6 is like group 5 which means you wont get raped by the insurance company (damn golf)

All in all they are great cars in all versions.

Hope that helped a bit.

Dan

Edited by dan_brisa

Tics 306 is pretty damn fast and again looks really good. plus the 1.6 is like group 5 which means you wont get raped by the insurance company (damn golf)

Got my renewal through from Norwich Union today.

Next year will be costing me £923.40 (Paying £76.95 per month) for third party fire and theft with 1 years no claims discount. I also have pass plus but am not sure if this has counted towards this or not, I will be phoning them up soon to check about this.

I dont think this is too bad but I am still going to shop around and see if I casn get an even better price...

I have a M reg Pug 306 Sedan SR. This is my second Sedan, 1st one being a 1.9 Diesel. It's a 1.8, yet only group 6 (£620 - 1yr NCD + 1 SP30) Goes well, the acceleration isn't great but its ability to hold at high speeds is good plus it'll pull from as little as 30 in 5th!

I love my Pug! and a bargain at £650!

Got my renewal through from Norwich Union today.

Next year will be costing me £923.40 (Paying £76.95 per month) for third party fire and theft with 1 years no claims discount. I also have pass plus but am not sure if this has counted towards this or not, I will be phoning them up soon to check about this.

I dont think this is too bad but I am still going to shop around and see if I casn get an even better price...

really? mines group 5 and i only pay £690 tpft with the alloys declared?, going up to £790 fully comp next month. thats with 1 yrs no claims and pass plus. then going up to £150 a month tpft with admiral for my gti-6 (N)"

Another breakage and repair today...

Pulled away from some traffic lights just leaving Salisbury to go an ride Portland, my car sounded mighty rude boi so I pulled over to try and find out what the problem could be. Was simple to find, the exhaust has litterally broken clean in two about 1/2-1 foot before the back box (Y)

I was on the same road as Bathwick tyres so pulled in to see if they could fix. They heard me coming and as soon as I pulled into their car park one of the mechanics was out like a shot. Within about 30mins of arrival I was back on my way to Portland complete with a new exhaust (mid and rear box's) and £99.88 less in my bank account :D

really? mines group 5 and i only pay £690 tpft with the alloys declared?, going up to £790 fully comp next month. thats with 1 yrs no claims and pass plus. then going up to £150 a month tpft with admiral for my gti-6  (N)"

I ideally want to find somewhere that will quote me that sort of price... I am shopping around, it seems being loyal does not pay!