Bits Of Metal Stuck Inside Frame :(

tom e

I have a few very small pieces of metal inside my frame, it's so anoying having the bike rattle even when i just do the most basic of things, sounds like theres a few ball bearings in my frame.

I've tried taking the bb out as theres a hole from where the downtube meets the bb shell, and also where the seattube meets, i've been shaking for a while and nothing comes out. I can't even tell where it's coming from!

Can anyone help?

Tom.

edit, it's an echo hi-fi by the way.. if that helps.

Edited by tom!e

ive dismantled the bike and shook it loads, it appears the rattle was coming from the right chainstay, i suppose it pretty much stuck there :lol: after more shaking its just stopped, i dont think it's come out the frame, maybe just wedged in there a bit, i'll keep shaking to make sure.

Try and determine what tube the parts are in. Chances are they are balls from when it was ball-burnished/polished, so they'll be stee. Get a magnet and hold it over one of the bearther holes in the tube if you can. Jiggle the frame about and tip it up and down, the balls should stick to the magnet and come out the hole they entered in :lol:.

stick a bit of glue in, thats what we have been doing at the shop with a few t-rex bikes. as they are full of them with having a "Ball Brunished" finish. as suprisingly ball bearings are blasted at it to give it the finish :turned: unfortunatly some of them do get stuck in there.

Waynio......................