My Questions To The Poeple Of Trials Forum

mad_gavo

Right I have quite a few questions but insted of creating loads of separate topics i thought I would put them all in the same place. So here goes:

Firstly I have a set of tensile with the 22t bash ring but as you can see from the pic it has become flattened and bent so that it hits the chain >_<. Its been flat for a while but when I hit it yesterday whilst riding pallets it has been pushed in so that it touches the chain. I have tried bending it back but failed. I've seen some bashes on the tarty bikes website and like the look of the echo one. From the looks of these cranks the bash attaches in a screw on fashion so would a echo bash ring fit? and what other bash guards are available for the tensiles? As i dont want another one the same as they clearly break too easily. BTW i dont actually aim to hit my bash or land on it. It is just there to protect the chain and ring when i much up a tapo etc :-

trialsfr4yv.jpg

Secondly I have recently been having trouble getting my rear brake to work Maggie on tryall rim with red koxx bloxx. I have set up the pads square to the rim and put on a fresh grind using a stone cutting disk. How ever these pads are now worn and i am in need of some new ones. Which would you recommend for use with a koxx rim? My only previous experiences other then koxx reds are koxx browns which in my opinion are better then reds. Also whilst on the subject what is the best grinding disk to use to achieve a good grind.

My final question is that my brother recently brought one of the new saracen mads (the base model) It came with some ISIS cranks with a 22t four bolt chain ring and bash guard. I was adjusting his brakes for him yesterday and noticed that the chain ring is rubbing on the chain stay and wearing it away slightly. What can be done to solve this other then a longer bb. I was looking for a 20 tooth chain ring but there seems to be none available in a four bolt pattern. Is this because of the bolt spacing etc or is there a manufacturer that make any.

Cheers for reading my ramblings Gavin >_<

1) Call super cycles and ask for the newer version of the rockring.

If I recal, there isnt may rock rings for the Tensiles

2) For your rear brake.

Bleed it, and use either Plazmatics, or Koxx Blox brown.

And for the grind, just use a normal sanding disc.

3) The BB on the MAD is too short, I usgest you call the suplier, and ask them to replace it under warrenty, before it does anymore damage.

I personly would push for a new frame aswell.

mine did that ages ago when i had tensiles!

however supercycles were nice and did a half price crash warrantie! i managed to get the same bash standard on the onza orbitas!

these bashs tend not to be up for going to bash! however this should be so bad if you just dont hit your bash :blink:

like whats been said phone up super cycles and they may match you up with a half price warrentie!

Rich

Are the arms on the tensiles the same for the tensile UCI's and the ones with the bash?

Because im up for a change and getting a diifernt bash simular to the tensile UCI one which should fit if they are the same right :'(

May phone super cycles to see if they will do a discount against a UCI bash and ring against my old bash :blink:

Also does the bash guard simply screw on? As this seems to be the only way in which I can see that it is attached and what is the best way to remove it? Im thinking man power and a vice :- :P

cheers Gavin (Y)

Lol ive improved scince I did that to my bash. I dont use it as much now.

Cant really ask for anything more then a bash on crash replacement as that would be unfair as there is nothing wrong with the arms.

Im going to try and get the same bash on crash replacement but I am also looking into getting a custom one made. As there dont seem to be any other bashes avalible that will fit. But firstly I need to know the spec/size etc of the thread that it needs to fit onto anyone know?

On a side note what colour koxx bloxx would work best on a ground koxx rim? any one got any experiances with the soft ones like the yellow and green?

Ive used red and brown myself

Cheers Gavin (Y)