Edinburgh Show.

Savage

Spent last weekend at the Edinburgh Royal Show with Matt Scriven promoting the Fort William World Cup through a trials demo.

Some photographs can be seen on the U.K. gallery www.koxx.fr

Ben.

Edited by Savage

:(  some nice pics, great weather and getting trials shown to people that don't know much (if anything) about it. The only thing is that you took your front wheel out.....nnnnnnnnnoooooooooo :(

mike

WHATS WRONG WITH TAKING OUT THE FRONT WHEEL?

:P  some nice pics, great weather and getting trials shown to people that don't know much (if anything) about it. The only thing is that you took your front wheel out.....nnnnnnnnnoooooooooo :(

mike

Makes it even more interesting for viewers. :(

WHATS WRONG WITH TAKING OUT THE FRONT WHEEL?

Makes it even more interesting for viewers.

IMO, no front wheel (and hopping over someone lying on the ground) makes trials looks like a cheesy circus act, not an sport!

Trials has suffered from not being taken seriouly by other forms of cycling and its probably because cheesy crappy stuff like that!

Trials as a sport has come on so far in the last 6 years or so and the level of riding has increased greatly and I think demo's should have the crowd going 'holy crap he can't get up that' or 'bloody hell did you see him jump between those walls, that was mad'

At the bikeshow, Ot Pi and Canas just annoyed me with there crappy showmanship panto crap, when they could have been doing the crazy huge rding we all know they are capable of.

but if we really want to discuss/argue about this we should create a new topic and not take over this one.

Mike

Well..........

The demo's were about 20 mins long with a small ammount of time spent over people and with out wheel. I have been riding in demo's since I was 10 and I know the activities above always get the people clapping. Demos are about entertainment, more people watched each demo than the total number of spectators added together at all the British rounds in any one year.

It worked for us and I expect it will work again for others.

Ben.

suppose i mean riding isn't for fun is it? Why cant you add a little bit of fun? Little cheeky 1 handers and stuff make them laugh. After all dont most of us ride for fun.

Any way i think you need both fun and some things that make them go wow! and personally doing a gap over someone with 1 wheel makes me go wow.

anyway did you get any of it on video? :(

We all know that the simple/easy tricks get the crowds going wow and the tech stuff that a spectator wouldnt even notice gets the trials riders going.

I do think that hopping over and around people is crap but the no front wheel stuff I think is cool, it shows the crowd just how controled trials is.

We all know that the simple/easy tricks get the crowds going wow and the tech stuff that a spectator wouldnt even notice gets the trials riders going.

I do think that hopping over and around people is crap but the no front wheel stuff I think is cool, it shows the crowd just how controled trials is.

Same in any sport really. :("

well done ben and matt, we do a lot of demos and i know how hard they are to impress the crowd and the crowd seem to be well settled there, you would really be fecked if your chain snapped when you were jumping over each other (Y) :- :D