No Sound?

Max Quinn

Hey i've had this problem for a few days now and although my speakers are connected nicely and on fine no sound comes out of them from my PC. Nothing plays when i put a music track on and none of the usual system sounds area playing. I've run through all the microsoft troubleshooting stuff but none of it's helped me. Any ideas what i can do? Help me hit squad!

Thanks, Max.

Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices

See if any 'Mute' boxes are checked, also try your speaker volume properties in there. Chances are this solution's been in some of the Troubleshooters you've looked through but worth a shot (Y)

Try slitting your wrists.  I promise you will never have a computer problem again.

That isn't really funny. Not even remotely.

Check you are using the correct set of drivers too. Mine did the same, and it somehow had change from one setting, to another. Think there was "Primary sound driver" and "intel integrated sound driver".

Download ac97 software i think it is. Its a common sound software thing, sorry i'm not right good with pc's but i had this problem couple of week ago and there's LOADS! of sound things to download but this 1 is the most common 1 (i think) so download it give it a try and see what happens, plus if it doesn't work you can always delete it.

Carl (Y)

turn the volume up. nah im only joking, ive had this problem before, it somtimes sorts its self out. But i usually fiddle with the settings and stuff, and check wether ive got the right drivers.

Anyway hope this helps mate.

Chears (Y)

Ah i had this problem not too long ago and it happened in two different ways the first one you want to check is the bios settings dont worry its not too complicated

when you start you computer up you may well get something comes up saying press blah blah to enter setup, press that and enter the setup if you look through all the settings on there you can find one that says "sound device" mine somehow managed to get set to disabled, obviously you want this enabled if this is set to disabled just enable it and you done <_<

the other one was windows update downloaded a new driver for my sound car and screwed it up if you go to start > control panel > system > hardware > device manager

you may find that your sound card has a yellow exclamation mark next to it, if so right click it go to properties click the driver tab at the top, now you have an option on the left hand side to "roll back driver" clickity that and let it roll back, this should reverse the changes made and make it work again

hope that helped mate, stu :S

Hhhhmmm I've tried everything else and to no avail but i'm currently downloading that ac97 thing to see if it works. :S

Thanks again, Max.

Have you set a system restore point if so back everything up and revert to an older setting where the drivers and settings may be all ok.

Also have you check the connections on the sound card lines to ensure that they are in the correct hole.

If you need anymore help just add me on msn burnsy1364@hotmail.com

Craig