Relegated To A Shed Temporarily..

ghosts_cloak

As some of you may know, my old DH rig is sold and Im waiting for a Leeson now (could be two months or so).

I have persuaded my girlfriend to let me ride her bike (she is scared of me breaking it - as strictly speaking its her brothers she hasnt paid him for it yet!). Its just a £100 Appolo 24" "Downhill mountain bike" lol, full suspension of course.

I dont want to break the bike (or more importantly me!) so what things are suitable to practise on it - preferably stuff that stays on the floor!

I had a quick spin before practising fakie/riding backwards things which was fun, but even they were a little dodgy as when I put the front brake on the bike creaks and the forks really flex, and as the backwheel drops it makes a big crack sound!

I guess I can practise trackstands... any more suggestions for "safe" trials moves on this bike?

Cheers guys,

~Gareth

Erm... Practise riding backwards without using a big endo, just your bodyweight.

Find a plank of wood/a line on the pavement and practise riding along it.

Trackstanding as you say...

Practise balancing switch-footed.

Erm... Practise riding backwards without using a big endo, just your bodyweight.

Find a plank of wood/a line on the pavement and practise riding along it.

Trackstanding as you say...

Practise balancing switch-footed.

Cheers, balancing switch footed - something I have never tried, and something I would never have thought of - sounds a great way of spending some time tommorow (N)

~Gaz

Phwoar, that thing'll probably weight a tonne. So I'd advise just practising trackstands, then practice em switch footed. Maybe try and get it on the rear wheel, but then when you get your Leeson if you use the same amount of strength you might do a few backflips. (N)

Maby learn the theretical side to trials, and learn how to fix things etc. Becuase when you get a bike it'll feel completely different to what you have now.

Phwoar, that thing'll probably weight a tonne. So I'd advise just practising trackstands, then practice em switch footed. Maybe try and get it on the rear wheel, but then when you get your Leeson if you use the same amount of strength you might do a few backflips. (N)

Lol that gave me some funny thoughts of me backflipping down the road (N) - I wish! I think I will keep both wheels firmly on the ground and just get my balance up to scratch.

It doesnt actually feel "that" heavy, by the way - not compared to my old DH bike at least...

~Gaz

Maby learn the theretical side to trials, and learn how to fix things etc. Becuase when you get a bike it'll feel completely different to what you have now.

Good point (N) , Ill have to spend some time on that traschzen (spelling?) site with the video's and watch some trials vids on that Eebygumooli (again spelling!!!) website.

Cheers,

~Gareth

Hello again guys, just dragging this thread out from the depths of the server to let you know how Im getting on!

Well, today is the first chance Ive had to have a quick spin on the bike with one thing and another B) .

First of all I tried those switch footed trackstands - much harder than anticipated!!! But ater 10 minutes I was fine which was a relief! Still a little wobbly though, not up to my old (5+ years ago!) level yet!

Then I had another go at rolling backwards which was great fun. Twice I managed to roll backwards right across the yard navigating the washing line, open door and a stack of bricks in an " S"shape much to my mothers (and mine, lol) astonishment! On the other hand half the time I barely manage one rev. of the cranks before falling over...

But all in all I had a right blast on the old bike, just messing about in my bike yard :lol: :o .

Cant wait for my Leeson.......

~Gareth

ps: I am trying not to mention the Leeson in every thread but.... :P

Throw it off a cliff and masturbate furiously to pass the time till a real bike comes  :)

LOL! :D But no, I couldnt do that I would go mad! It was torture last year at uni (couldnt take my bike) so no biking for 10 weeks at a time!) But as long as I get my new bike before October I will be taking it to uni this year! (Y) ;)

~Gareth