24"

Boothy

Hi.

I've been looking at 24" bikes and they look fun.

Just a few questions:

To convert from 26" to 24" all I need to change are frame, forks, and rims. true?

Where can I get 24" frames from?

Where can I get 24" forks from?

Cheers

I thought you were joking, then I read you're from Lincolnshire.

First of all, you don't need to change anything but the rims if your running discs, which is unlikely i guess.

There're about 3-4 24'' trials specific frames currently on the market. Ranging from about £300 to £550.

As for forks, I'd advise getting some pashley's converted to 24'' V/maggy mounts, which you can get from Clive Leeson for £65. However if your running a disc like I said, no need to change really.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Matt

It makes the bike more flicky similar to a mod, yet still retaining the sorta stability that stocks have. They feel super good, even I'm tempted :shifty:

Anyway, yeah, just frame, probably forks, and rims are needed. As well as tyres 'n' tubes, obviously :D

any 24" bike pics? i have yet to see the difference.

Yes, Here.

And advantages? Mark is right really. Slightly easier to chuck about - flicky like a mod, but not "hoppy". Basically just ideal for the streetier side of things, and just generally quite nice to play around on. I love mine :D

Spokes.

Gearing -you might want a slightly different ratio to 26", but perhaps not a massive difference. I went from 22:18 on the 26" to 20:16 on the 24". Pretty much no difference, but some people might need to change.

And I'm running 26" tubes in mine. So just change the frame, rims, spokes, tyres and maybe forks as Matt said :shifty:

As for where to get the frames -

Leeson

Curtis

That's about it at the moment. Ashton made one a while ago at £365, and then later sold the frames off cheap for £150 each. If you still want an Ashton, you can pay full whack HERE.

so 24" bikes are as good or the same "goodness" as a 26" and they have the "flickeyness" that Mods have?

It's not like you can have the best of both worlds. They aren't as good as stocks for rolling up stuff and taps, and they aren't as good as mods for twitchyness. But everything in trials is a compromise anyway, and 24" is a good compromise if you like street.