Cross Over Line

Dylan_

Ugh, i've had so much trouble with my cross over, i break them all the time. Does anyone know a way to stop breaking them? or, how much is a steel braided one, and what one should i get? I'm getting rather ticked at this, cause i can't ride without a brake. (Y)

And for the time being, any good bodges? has anyone used a house hold item for a cross over to get them a long for a day or 2?

i have had the unex hosing set from supercycles (£16 quid) for about year and had no problems :-

as for a temporary bodge, i cant think what would work (Y) maybe you have some pipe hanging around? i dunno...

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

i'm not sure what it is, they just snap. I think i sat on it once. and the other day somehow the right side of the brake flew off. But i've broken them a couple time other than those. It could be my heel, maybe i could get some rubber things to put over the barb thing. like whats up by the lever.

maybe i could get some rubber things to put over the barb thing. like whats up by the lever.

YUP (Y) do that. I had a problem when i kicked my main cable out twice so i decided to get an old spare rubber cap thing and put that on. haven't kicked it out at all since.

gallery_1308_157_10628.jpg

Just get two and stick one on each side of the crossover cable.

And as for braided hosing. I tried it, and couldn't get it to stop leaking. Then once i had got it to stop leaking, it was really spongy. Stick with the standard plastic stuff, it's much, much better. :-

EDIT: please ignore the badly set up break pad :D

Edited by RicH_87

A booster should give a bit of protection....

I had a similar problem....what i did was use an old spoke (take off the "head") and bend it round to the arc of the crossover. Then I just wrapped insulation tape (black) all around it and now i have a "stiff" hose which i haven't yet broken (Y)

adam

get booster with a wide enough body to cover youre pistons, then it will be far harder to hit the crossover, unless youre made of rubber (Y)

also buy a new crossover and put loads of elecy tape on it were the barb is ( thats what ive done), then if youre still not satisfied a rubber cap.

alternativly

put some heatshrink tubing on it (Y)

or

some old piping :P