Portable Dvd Player

MikeSmith

Philips PET 810 Portable 8in LCD Screen DVD Player

That one IMO out of the two, specially as it plays MPEG-4.

edit: divx, is brillient especially if you get your hands on some dodgy films (Y) plays all the avi's and stuff, i'm not very good at explaining it, but i personally would be lost if our dvd player wasnt a divx player also.

Edited by *OnzaMike*

That one IMO out of the two, specially as it plays MPEG-4.

edit: divx, is brillient especially if you get your hands on some dodgy films (Y) plays all the avi's and stuff, i'm not very good at explaining it, but i personally would be lost if our dvd player wasnt a divx player also.

So is it worth an extra 60 quid?

Personally i would say so, as it seems to be the next generation up also (Y), but its up to you if you want one those these portable dvd players, and how much you want one.

Ive learnt now though, that its worth spending the extra bit of cash to get just that something alittle better, as i usually find a week or month or w/e down the line *blah i wish i would have got the next one up now!*

Edited by *OnzaMike*

Well, they will both play DVDs fine. If that's all you want, get the cheaper one. Aside from a slightly bigger screen, the only thing the more expensive one does is play DivX files. That basically means that if you download films off the internet, you can burn them onto a CD and play them on that thing. If you think you will do that a lot, I would go for the £200 version. If not, save the money :ermm:

does that mean you can rip your trials vids and play them only on the second one?

I think so. Although you could burn to DVD if you were that bothered, but it would take ages converting everything to MPEG-2, and then burning it.