Riga Nokia Freestyle Trials Comp

Tim Stedman

Just thought id share a couple of websites that have some pics of the freestyle comp on them. Dont worry about not being able to understand Russian, or Latvian, hopefully the pics can speak for themselves!

http://www.apollo.lv/portal/galery/49715

I know theres only 1 pic on that link, but the other pics give you an idea of what else was going on near us while our event was happening.

http://www.trialbikes.ru/tn.php

Some good pics on that one... check out the damage to my front wheel after messing up a 360 off the highest tower - about 8 feet up I think.

If I find any vids, I'll post them up.

Overall, in the Pro invitation class, Stefan Pcola won, I came second, and Josef Dressler came third.

Cheers,

Tim.

WOOOOOO Nice 1 mr stedman

Beating dressler cooooooool, was it like bike battle style thing???

If it was like that, wouldnt think stefan would win.

well done

( how did u get an invite????pashley???just wondering)

Get some vids n pics up.

see you at a comp sometime

( mr pro jet setter getting sent everywhere woooooo :blink: :o )

nice 1

Yeah, it was similar to the bike battle, but not quite as big.

The comp was happening as part of the celebrations for the city of Riga's birthday. there were many festivities happening all through the week, and the freestyle trial comp was just part of it all.

There were two classes; A pro invitation class, and an amateur class. Everybody had a two minute qualifying run, and then the top six from each class went through to their respective finals. The top three from the amatuers won prizes, and the top six invitation riders won cash prizes. Everyone was judged on 5 different criteria, being; use of the course, difficulty of moves, magnitude of moves, style, and something else that I cant quite remember!

I met Kristaps Skudra (latvian no.1 and the competition organizer) while I was out in czech republic. He asked me if I would like to ride the freestyle comp, and I said yes, nothing more to it really!

Im not sure about vids, I havn't found any yet, but I'll post them as soon I do find some.