Flat Spot On Bb Shell

shovel

got my new isis middleburn pro trials cranks/bashguard today as an upgrade from my square taper raceface turbines

the plastic cup on the non-driveside of my bb was really stiff to get out, once i got it out i noticed that there was a flatspot in my bb shell which had come from an impact on the underside of the frame (toxsin #1 by the way) and the plastic cup was cracked

because of this my new truvative bb won't go in at all, the flat bit isn't massively big but enough to stop any bb getting in

has anyone done this to there bike before, if so do you know if its repairable at all, also would it be covered by warranty at all, i know it probably won't be but what do you guys think, i only got the frame at the start of june

any help/advise would be great

Won't be covered on warrenty, they may discount you a new frame though.

Best bet try and hit it out with something firm yet soft enough not to kill the threads, thats if you can though.

Or instead of hitting out try and lever out using a welded area as support for the lever, yet again with something soft.

Not sure what else you could do.

It may work but chances ain't high, but always worth a go.

iwas rude once on a shody bike and dropped the frame and dented the bb tube and same thing happened...sooooo i just decided to file the dent down and it worked fine.stupid but true.wouldnt recamend it on toxin.take it to a bike shop and get them to thread it and that should work

Edited by Stanners