I Knew It Was Going Too Well....

Shaun H

Went out riding with Dan Ko last night, had probably the best ride in the local area ever, gapped, staticed, tapped and dropped higher/bigger/better than ever before, improved on basically everything. Then when I came home I left the bike round the side of my house, only the rear wheel could have been fully visible. I went inside was on MSN, listening to music etc. Was gunna go to bed soon so thought better go put my bike away, I came out and it simply wasn't there. I wasn't quite sure what to do at first, I just stood there shocked, went and asked my Dad who'd recently got back in from down the pub with mates to just give me the bike if he was messing me about (he's done it twice before) but no he had no idea it had even been out there.

So I rang the police, they were about as useful as ever although to be honest I doubt there's really much more they can do when there's nothing to go on (I hadn't heard or seen anything), the woman said she'd put it out on the radio so it was being looked out for, got incident number etc, although that's f**k-all use as I've got no insurance and I doubt house insurance will cover any of it without it being locked up.

Here's a pic and spec (apologies for size if it's too large and ignore dave's comedy expression :huh: ):

forumpic5of.gif

Frame: 2005 Onza T-Rex - CC ZS2 headset without crazy cone thing ontop, fully stripped to polished finish, large dent near the top of the left hand seatstay, My Friends - Steve orange sticker on the front which is probably gone now lol

Forks: Pace v-brake trials forks - black, mounts on the back of the fork, scratches all over really

Front Wheel: Red Hope Ti-Glide hub on a real old silver/grey Rigida rim - few scratches around the rim, small dentage

Front Tyre: Panaracer Fire XCPro 2.1 red sidewalls - pretty worn but still fair amount of tread left

Rear Wheel: 2004 Echo Fixed hub on 2004 Echo rim (one with holes) - badly trued, dished and a bit egged, grind wearing off and lines round the rim from maggie pistons rubbing, some of the spokes are taken off an apollo wheel so aren't really long enough meaning a bit of thread sticks out on some of them lol

Rear tyre: Try-All 2.5 tyre - tread fairly worn, only a few mm left but still gripping fine

Stem: Toxsin CNC stem 100mm x 31.8mm - new, few scrathes near top bolt on steerer clamp, little scratch towards top of stem

Handlebars: Pazzaz Carbon Fibre risers - pissed off about losing these..., few scratches mostly on left side, nothing major

Grips: Trek grips - which I've had on there since I started and were taken off the bike I learnt mtbing on so very worn, bit ripped etc

Front Brake: Tektro V-brake - silver with red Fibrax pads, wobbles back and forth quite alot

Rear Brake: 2005 Magura HS33 - silver with ZOO! pads, pads are pretty much f**ked but still working amazing lol, few scratches on lever and ends of pisons

Rear Booster: Echo 2-Bolt booster

Cranks: Echo cranks - silver ones, 04 I think not sure, very scratched up especially left hand one (I'm left foot forward)

Pedals: Wellgo V12 copies - black, alot of the paint's come off though, missing a few pins, tiniest bit of wobble from the bearings

Freewheel: ACS claw - Used to be welded but that failed so I've done it up *very* tight and it's not come loose, could be recognised by the weld bits not quite lining up and not actually being bonded

Chain: KMC Kool chain - no split link

Cassette: Roadie one, Sora I think

Rear Mech: Shimano 105 mech - held to gear with cable, scratched to death, one pin falling out the B-knuckle but still hanging in there, no barrel adjuster

erm that's about all I can think of atm lol

Well this has pretty much ruined the rest of this year and probably alot of next, I can't afford to replace it at all, and when/if I do get enough money to replace it I'm a bit f**ked with learning to drive (17 in December), can't get the phone I wanted on contract, I'm not gunna have anyway of keeping fit and it's my main way of relaxing and having fun. :P :) :P

I probably sound like I'm diggin for sympathy, which really I suppose I am as I'm feeling the shitest of shite atm. *Any* help would be bloody wonderful, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Cheers,

Shaun Hook

Edited by Shaun H

That sucks! Keep an eye out on ebay! You might be lucky like matt_pashley and find someone puts it on there :)

Started watching it like a hawk now lol, anyone know how to filter out those f**king livestrong bands? :P

If everyone could just watch out for it on there during their ebay travels that'd be luverly

Some house insurance will cover it. Ive had things stolen that were covered by house insurance. Ask your paretns, or give the house insurance people a ring! If in doubt, say it was locked :huh:

Well I'll have a talk with my parents tonight and see what they see, they're a bit moraly correct though so might not understand and try it out. Saying it was locked is an interesting idea, only could backfire if it does actually turn up lol. Probably leave it a week or so first.

ARGH THIEVING c**ts.

Started watching it like a hawk now lol, anyone know how to filter out those f**king livestrong bands? :P

If everyone could just watch out for it on there during their ebay travels that'd be luverly

Well I'll have a talk with my parents tonight and see what they see, they're a bit moraly correct though so might not understand and try it out. Saying it was locked is an interesting idea, only could backfire if it does actually turn up lol. Probably leave it a week or so first.

ARGH THIEVING c**ts.

House insurance is pretty forgiving... my dad ran over his bluetooth headset by accident and dropped his palm computer in a pond then lost it and got both paid for by house insurance.

Even if it does turn up, the house insurance company need never know... :huh:

Anywho, anyone who feels guilty about claiming from an insurance company needs there head examined ITS WHAT THEYRE THERE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck dude!

All i can say is... unlucky mate! :huh:

I had my bike nicked off me, and beleive me, i dont really wanna say this, but the next 5/6 months are going to be VERY boring!!!! or atleast intill you get your new bike!

I just claimed off house insurance and got a full brand new 05 T-pro for free! lol

It was a better bike than the one that got nicked aswell :) but if it got nicked now, i will cry soooo much! iv put too much time n effort into it!! :P lol

All i can say is... unlucky mate! :huh:

I had my bike nicked off me, and beleive me, i dont really wanna say this, but the next 5/6 months are going to be VERY boring!!!! or atleast intill you get your new bike!

I just claimed off house insurance and got a full brand new 05 T-pro for free! lol

It was a better bike than the one that got nicked aswell :) but if it got nicked now, i will cry soooo much! iv put too much time n effort into it!! :P lol

What circumstances was that under? Obviously I'll try and claim off insurance but I want an idea of how likely it is that they'll actaully gimme some dosh to get a new one. If it's to the value of the bike it's worth about £800 at retail prices, could get me something yummy for that. But I shan't get carried away, I'm probably still totally and utterly f**ked.......

What circumstances was that under? Obviously I'll try and claim off insurance but I want an idea of how likely it is that they'll actaully gimme some dosh to get a new one. If it's to the value of the bike it's worth about £800 at retail prices, could get me something yummy for that. But I shan't get carried away, I'm probably still totally and utterly f**ked.......

Seriously, claim it for all the parts seperately, new. They expect you to give them the price of the parts new cos thats how much they will cost you to replace. If you have the right cover, you should definately get compensation, there arent any clauses saying you should have been more careful or anything like that, the whole point is that if something like this happens then you can get it back with as little fuss as possible.

Ive claimed a few things back, a mobile phone and an MP3 player i got stolen off of me when i was nowhere near my house and i got £500 for them :huh:

Hehe andyroo... so you should buy a bargain priced used bike with a dented frame and extremely worn parts, then leave it outside your door so it gets stolen and then get the same bike with brand new parts? :huh:

Yeah... do remember to get house insurance first though...

Better yet pretend that your bike/Ferrari had gotten stolen or flushed down the toilet by accident, and claim that back.

Welcome to the world of insurance fraud :)

By the way what I was saying earlier about claiming all the parts new seperately on the bike is legite, so dont worry :P

doesnt that require receipts for each purchase? my insurance company wouldnt replace my bike as it was a custom build and i didnt have proof of each component over what came as standard.......and as id changed the bikes build they wouldnt even pay for what the bike originally cost me when it came outta the shop-tossers :huh:

needless to say ive changed my insurance company :P

doesnt that require receipts for each purchase? my insurance company wouldnt replace my bike as it was a custom build and i didnt have proof of each component over what came as standard.......and as id changed the bikes build they wouldnt even pay for what the bike originally cost me when it came outta the shop-tossers :P

needless to say ive changed my insurance company :)

You need to learn how to play the game... you say that the bike was custom built and was given to oyu as a gift, therefore no reciepts... when i had my MP3 player and phone stolen, i didnt need any recipts :huh:

aha nice thinkin, this was a few years ago and i was pretty naive to the game

ill keep it in mind though cos well the older im gettin the more expensive everything i own gets :P

tis a pity i didnt know that back then, would have saved me a grand :huh:

o yeah shaun h, unlucky man, i know the feeling and it majorly sucks-but luckily i had loadsa good friends to help me get started again and i soon had a bike (rough as guts but at least i could ride) within a few weeks and it helped me get back on track :P

im sure a few of the local riders to you will donate a few old bits ot get you going, all you really need is a half decent frame, some cheap rigid forks, a decent rear hub, front v, rear magura (im guessing you swing that way) and you off basically

anything is better than nothing, and when you can afford to eventually upgrade you will realise how much better you have got after riding such a sketchy bike :D

o yeah and if you have a wickle bit of money i have a few parts for sale (check my topic) and as im feeling generous ill knock a few quid off you to get you started again :)

I've just heard possibly the shittest thing ever..................we have no insurance :huh: :P :) :P :D :D :angry: :)

I think I'll just go cry in a hole or something, I'll never get it back, blatantly gunna get trashed and lobbed in a bush, a chav won't know what to do with it.

Why the f**k do I deserve this, something always happens whenever my life gets slightly near to easy, nice, really happy or anything largely positive.

Dont give up yet... get your parents to get house insurance...its like a £100 for a year max... and that'll cover individual items for up £20,000 too...

And when theyve got it (which they should do anyway) then claim!

It hasn't been renewed. And that won't work, incident number's work on dates, mine's XX on 28/09/05 so they'd know the date.

It hasn't been renewed. And that won't work, incident number's work on dates, mine's XX on 28/09/05 so they'd know the date.

Well just say it happened on a different date then! you dont need anything from the police or anything like that, and you can still claim for something up until something like 3 weeks after it has happened... its worth a try

righty lads get this boy riding again and kindly donate some old bits to him!

thats well harsh to hear dude, hope something good comes out of it :(

Well said. I have Truvativ cranks to get the ball rolling unless they cn be beaten... :angry:

I had two bikes stolen from me when i used to do a paper round. 1 of them i left at the end of a garden, delivered the paper, came back, no bike...

The second, i had two guys (18year olds ish, when i was about 14), physically take the bike from me. I put up a gd fight, but i was never going to win...

It sucks when it happens, and it always happens to good people :) mainly because the bad people are the ones doing it, so it can't really happen to them :(

Edited by fairy elephants

Well said. I have Truvativ cranks to get the ball rolling unless they cn be beaten... :angry:

I had two bikes stolen from me when i used to do a paper round. 1 of them i left at the end of a garden, delivered the paper, came back, no bike...

The second, i had two guys (18year olds ish, when i was about 14), physically take the bike from me. I put up a gd fight, but i was never going to win...

It sucks when it happens, and it always happens to good people :) mainly because the bad people are the ones doing it, so it can't really happen to them :(

Got some flat black bars like echo's but unbranded? :(