Southampton Ride

Joel

I shud be coming to this 1.... and phil and maybe jonny?

anyone driving to the station? i cannot for the life of me remember the directions through town :D

11 at shop/station?

Holy shit mate I haven't heard from you in months, nice to know you're coming. Looking forward to this weekend (Y)

good to see the interest back up (Y)

met some random guy in soton this evening, he will prob pop along.

should be a good ride, can't wait to give my new bike another proper ride, especially as i will have sorted headset problems by then (dodgy starnut).

I shud be coming to this 1.... and phil and maybe jonny?

anyone driving to the station? i cannot for the life of me remember the directions through town <_<

11 at shop/station?

Hehe, u know what they say. Cant keep a good man down :P

Yeh, I have been off the riding a fair bit, and the forum completely. Im giving trials a chance again. Warning... i am absolute bollox, thats compared to how i used to ride!!! curbs for me this ride heh ^_^

Hmm, looks like i may need to go out tommorrow as well then! just incase it does rain on sunday.

Also don't forget, clocks change sunday morning so you got an extra hour to get ready, or if you like an extra hour to ride :P

:D Thanks for making me aware of that Oli! That means that if I go out in town on Saturday night like planned I will have an extra hour in bed to recover so Im not hanging so bad when driving to wherever I ride on Sunday (It looks like Bristol though :P )

I think htere will be poeple out both days. It ORGANISED for sunday, so thats when non locals have organised to come down,but some of the locals, (that now includes me) are going out tommorrow as well, as the weather should be good. Hope that clears somehting up for you.

Nice pics oli (Y) It was a fun ride. Richard (the one on the unicycle) is crazy! We met the two most niceist police men. All they said to as was 'dont ride on the road without lights' and 'dont hit anyone'. No bollocking like 'thats a £40 fine! and a day in prison'.

Joel :)

What surprised me the most about the police was their attitude. They didn't tell us to do anything, they just said "Be careful riding home without lights if you're using the roads" and "When you're doing your hopping, make sure there's nobody nearby". It was kind of like a pair of sensible suggestion cops. Nice people.

The ride itself was ace, headed out after it dried up and there was enough (but sometimes not quite enough, as my arm will now attest) grip for uni trials. Took forever to find the group but when I did we had some ace riding and hit some cool spots. I finally managed to do something I thought was impressive (a 6'4" sidehop gap to pedalgrab, with an (approx) 8 inch drop) as well. The walls outside asda are wicked. Impressive riding from all the rest of the group as well, and I've already spotted some 'in an ideal world' lines that i'd like to hit when I've got a bit more experience.

Cool pics ollie, some might need a bit of photoshop tweakage but I'm still impressed by the quality of those phone pics. As far as film goes its not going to be a problem, cos i've been informed my new camera will arrive in the next couple of days, ready for the next ride.

All in all a great day, not cold, not sunny, not too wet. Next time i'll get my arse in gear and get out of bed for the 11am start.

Loose.

Edited by Loosemoose`

You are RUDE on that uni rich, you pulled some stuff today that i have never seen done on a uni (Y) .

The phone pics are actually bigger, there sized down for that site. If theres good light, and i get the timing right, and can let the autofocus set properly on the rider beofre they do the move i can get a good shot, but as soon as one of those is out, it goes blurry or whatever, but still, for a phone, its damn good.

I didn't really warm up properly (apart from riding around looking for you guys), and I was trying stuff I hadn't attempted before, or hadn't attempted in a long while (like scaling that rock wall, transfering to bin to 4ft drop). I haven't done systematic long drops much before, and that 4+ft drop while clearing over the bench impressed me (and scared me shitless too, I need to work on that).

If I keep riding with you guys I can see my skills improving dramatically over the next 6 months.

Loose.