Strange Knocking Noise

trialsguru

right i bled my brake today, all went fine, set it up but now when i back hop, wheel swap, just generally using the brake theres a weird knocking noise coming from the calipers, sounds like the pistons are rattling inside the caliper :bunny: have i done something wrong? can i fix it?

cheers!

Slave Cylinders aren't user servicable. The seals can go on them, but it's quite unlikely. You'd also notice a loss of fluid. Take the pads off and see if there is oil on the back of them.

Try and find out where the noise is coming from - for something to make a noise like you describe, you should be able to see play in something. What do you mean by there is play in the pistons?

Maguras can make a thud when the pad contacts with the rim, particularly if the wheel isn't moving at the time.

Jon

try re-setting up the brakes

unless ur using rimjams which have broken clippings

believe me - its scary to ride with pads with broken clips (i didnt know mine wre broken)

thats when i found out it was the pads making the clicking noise

how do know it was scary then, if you didnt know they were broken??

how do know it was scary then, if you didnt know they were broken??

he has a good point.

on a related note - if you can wiggle the pistons you're probably in trouble - if its just the pads then that'll explain the noise..

on an unrelated note can you post a pic of your arse please joe - ive been reading that signature for ages and im curious to know how much better than mine it is cos the missus says mine's perfect.

oo - doesnt it just make you want to bite it?

...just me then

fortunately you're too short for the missus so im on safe ground.

did you come for the cambridge ride in august and do everything that olly can do or am i mixing my joes up?

oo - doesnt it just make you want to bite it?

...just me then

fortunately you're too short for the missus so im on safe ground.

did you come for the cambridge ride in august and do everything that olly can do or am i mixing my joes up?

yer man, thats me....although im better than olly (Y) but hes a sidehop beast (N)

yer thats me those...was u there???

yer man, thats me....although im better than olly (Y) but hes a sidehop beast (N)

yer thats me those...was u there???

i was there at the beginning - i had a white da bomb then and i went home early cos i had to move house. didnt ride much because i was embarrassed with my crapness

are you local (cambridge)? Wing's left me to the mercies of Julien who keeps bouncing up and down and demanding i get my bike mucky on logs and stuff.