Dropouts

random

Okay i'm having one hell of a brain fart today..well past month. I can't get on with drawing some dropout for my carbon legs that i'm gonna turn into carbon forks for my coust.

Been doing em by freehand with no joy then did cad but i messed up in that everytime..just can't get it right what so ever.

Spec on the carbon tube are for dropouts

Std front axle fitment QR, 100mm apart

OD - 33.6mm

INT disc mount

Dropouts can be anything up to 3'' long.

Prefered to be front rake (Rockshox sus style or Pace RC31) as to driectly inline with tubing (coust style ones)

Drawing will need measuremnt on there exactly to the mm no need for >.mm

^ must have all the above

Was thinking of having the dropout so the carbon tube sits inside it, 3'' giving a very good grip and bond and the moves that are pulled.

Total area for say the 3'' dropouts is 2560.32mm total. Should give one hell of a hold/bond to the carbon so it should be bloody tought, what with the resin taking 2 ton on it's own plus i'll be adding a hardner that adds and etra 1/2 ton and then kevilar pulp which is 1/2 ton again so nonthing will flex in that dep, total resin + extra strength is 3 tons. Same resin and hardner used in the carbon tube.

If you can draw me some up i can then check with a place i've fianly found that can make em to how easy and if they can.

Top tip, simplisty is key. If you where to take the desing of say the lower half of a set of Rockshox's with disc mount etc then your onto a winner (it's what i did but still meessed it up every time)

Send em to me via e-mail or msn pjalchemist@aol.com

Reward, one big pat on the back and thank you, maybe cash or some chocolatetly goodness of some sort and i'll stick you name on the forks too so you'll kind ahave you name out there. Pics will be shown off of em loads too.

Need more info or to talk msn, e-mail pjalchemist@aol.com or post er

Please help

Pete x (Y)

You are gonna need to be a little more specific when it comes to what you want:

i.e.

What material? This will have an enormous bearing on the size of the part.

Amount of rake? You asked for some, but how much? This will also affect the position of the disc mount.

You asked for the dropouts to be 100mm apart, but how far apart are the fork legs? This is also pretty crucial to getting the design right.

3" long, is that an overall dimension or just the contact area between the dropout and the leg?

Anyways I think you get the idea...

I would be happy to have a go for you, provided you specify FULLY what you are looking for (Y)

Alloy of corse!!! Carbon be nice but i don;t have use of a cnc mill or a too lfor cutting into carbon plup so alloy. If alloy then it'll be steal

Don't mind what so ever, but anyhting such as Pace or Rockshox style as i said is good. As long a sit looks good is all that matters.

Measuremnet:-

Legs are 160mm apart, thats the far outside of one tube to the other. 93mm between inside legs.

3" long is say the height of the dropout thats attached the carbon tubing.

Any more question?? I got pics of pace and stuff if you wana take a copy and stuff.

More measurment if needed.

Alloy of corse!!! Carbon be nice but i don;t have use of a cnc mill or a too lfor cutting into carbon plup so alloy. If alloy then it'll be steal

An alloy of what? Steel? Aluminium? Magnesium?

Don't mind what so ever, but anyhting such as Pace or Rockshox style as i said is good. As long a sit looks good is all that matters.

So 1000mm would be fine for you? I said be specific, and pictures of similar parts don't count because they won't yield any dimensions...

Legs are 160mm apart, thats the far outside of one tube to the other. 93mm between inside legs.

If the OD of each leg is 33.6 then those numbers don't add up...

More measurements are definately needed, beacause at this rate it would be me designing these things for you as opposed to simply "drawing" them...

6061, 7075, HE30 i duno, depends what they got but it's a machine shop so it'll be very good and soild and hard ass stuff. If it's steal again bar stock, HR4, anyhting but it'll be strong as hell.

Say 32mm from the center of the carbon tube, so thats 16.8mm for half the tube and 15.2mm so make it mm. 15mm of rake basicly

Each leg is 33.6mm OD

Width OD is 160mm

Width ID between each leg for hub per say is 92.8mm

So need the dropouts to space over 13.6mm from the dead center of each carbon tube on both sides to make it 100mm between each.

75mm is the height/deepth/length of the dropouts that carbon tube will be sititng in. It can be less than 75mm if you wish but no less than 44.45mm

Oh by the way i think a cool little ''OD404'' on the side of em would set em off a treat and if you did do them and i was able to have em made er i'd get it done.

pacerc40xcfr05.jpg

TheFork1.jpg

pace_rc31_big.jpg

The above are really what i'm after.

fork_dropouts.jpg

echo20fork.jpg

Before anyone asks yeah i have asked pace for some and they don't sell them cos Pace are wankers. (i've my reason for clalin em that, messing up on ym credit card and then not fixing my forks)

Edited by random