Concentration

munkee

ok my last two rides have been f**king shit to say the least. I improved a lot over summer and now im back at uni i cant do half the stuff i could do before. Nothing has changed except im in a catered halls. For some reason everytime i get on my bike after 10 minutes i just get tunnel vision.. like im wanting to side hop up a wall and i just feel like im day dreaming. You know.. the type of thing that you do when your tired and your driving and you just stare forward. Your concenretating up to a point but not like.. ugh i cant explain it. Anyone else have this trouble? Ive started going to the gym and im really enjoying it.. and as wankerish as it sounds if i keep riding like this i am really tempted to just sack it in because its got to the point where its not an enjoyment.

Don't know what your catering services are like, bu i know ours are shite- worse than school dinners half the time - and i imagine bad diet oculd have something to do with it, along with lack of sleep youve probably been experiencing as we all do at the beggining of term! B)

oli

A hell of a lot of people say the same thing, that they are tired of riding because they dont see themselves improving and so get frustrated. It happens to all of us, the learning curve in trials means that you hit a lot of plateus where everything seems harder. Just plug away and eventually you will be on the up again. If you cant be bothered though then quit if it makes you happier. Its up to you. B)

A hell of a lot of people say the same thing, that they are tired of riding because they dont see themselves improving and so get frustrated. It happens to all of us, the learning curve in trials means that you hit a lot of plateus where everything seems harder. Just plug away and eventually you will be on the up again. If you cant be bothered though then quit if it makes you happier. Its up to you. B)

Sorry but.. its nothing to do with progression, i know i can do the moves but this lack of concentration is what is f**king me up.

How often are you going to the gym? It also could be (I dunno if this is right but let's see) if you've been riding the same spots for so long you are tired of the repetition if might not feel like it yet but your brain is saying "This is all old, snore snore snore". And if you've been going the gym too much your body just won't be up for it.

I expect we've all encountered this at some point , and yes it does suck greatly . Suggestions ?

Get plenty of sleep , ride with others , drink plenty of fluids , dehydrations massively affects focus and is often overlooked . Other than that , the usual live healthy vibes . Hope you get over it .

As monkey said.. and especially today i have just become.. super bored with trials. I did go to the gym yesterday and for a bit today before i went riding. It may have something to do with it but when i got it first time last sunday in nottingham i hadnt done anything for days.

Ill have a go at drinking shit loads of water.. its all i drink anyway but maybe i need more than i think.

Ill have a go at drinking shit loads of water.. its all i drink anyway but maybe i need more than i think.

I know exactly what you mean about the whole thing, I experince it on a lot of rides, possibly something to do with funny blood pressure? Lack of oxygen/carbohydrates/water/dietry problems, or not enough sleep? Ive never really worked out what it is that causes it either, but I know it has helped me a lot by riding with different people, in fresh, new places that you havent ridden to take your mind off it. Soon you might forget about this problem and get back to normal riding without thinking about it, just concentrate on nailing each move, not on how weird your vision/concentration seems to be going overall while riding.