Need Some Help, After A Coaxial Out Sound Card

Ingram

Hello, my creative speakers have a line in, optical and a coaxial input into the decoder, basically, i think with line in im getting crappy quality. so im agfter a soundcard where i can connect it via coaxial,ive got the cable for it (same size as the line in one just different) anyway im after a cheap sound card where i can use coaxial, i saw this and didnt know if this is what im after, thanks alot for your help,

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=85533

Hello, my creative speakers have a line in, optical and a coaxial input into the decoder, basically, i think with line in im getting crappy quality. so im agfter a soundcard where i can connect it via coaxial,ive got the cable for it (same size as the line in one just different) anyway im after a cheap sound card where i can use coaxial, i saw this and didnt know if this is what im after, thanks alot for your help,

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=85533

Cheap = Noise. Look into firewire connections check out www.dawsons.co.uk and have a read.

Craig

Soundcards arent my speciality but the Soundblaster Live! Cards i think have them? Don't know if there any good..

Loads of sound cards will have optical out. Even the built-in sound on my Shuttle has optical in/out. It's marked as SP-DIF - Just check that you don't already have it on your computer.

Noise? Better Quality?

Guys....

Both Coaxial and Optical are forms of S/PDIF. They are both digital signals. Although technically speaking a coax cable could have a noisy signal, digital signals are a lot easier to clean up than analogue. And if you have a decen coax cable, the chances are noise are sooooo slim anyway.

You will NOT notice the difference.

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digitals are uber uber cheap and will probably have the outputs you are looking for.