Help !

Ben Geary

Ok my little brother has gone on the computer and once again fooked it up, He has deleted something and now all the sound has been wiped of. I've tryed getting it back but i can't find it (Y) .

Was wondering if any of you guys could help me out on trying to get it back.

thanks for any help,

Ben.

Edited by Gears

By volume I'm guessing you mean sound?

Anyway, Just check that in Volume Control it isn't on mute or anything. (Y)

Try a system restore too. Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

If that doesn't work find out what soundcard/sound port you have and download the drivers for it.

Or maybe...

Rhythm Otter says:

I bet his brother's just plugged in some headphones or something which ahs "removed the volume" :

(Y)

windows update this website SHOULD (said loosely) be able to find out what sound card you have and install the driver for it.

It sounds stupid but also check the obvious things like your speakers are actually working and havent died, the connection cable hasnt come out a bit.

If you have automatic updates on your computer enabled there is some CMI Audio driver thingy that has been automatically downloaded by a lot of computers and i have now come across the problem a fair amount of times where this update has actually screwed things up i dont know why it just has.

If you go into your control panel and you have a new icon saying "CMI audio config" then this could be the case. For this you would want to right click "my computer" go to properties, click the hardware tab then click device manager. Find your sound card, right click it then click properties. Click the driver tab at the top of the box then click 'roll back driver'

Hopefully something has helped, stu :lol: