Sidehopping

joiboi180

My Sidehop Picture.

kk... there's gotta be something I can do to gain more height, I'm kinda getting impatient cuz I think i've been stuck in the 30 - 31 inch range for about 3½ weeks... I've got the pull up to crotch mastered... my rear tire hits my butt everytime... besides kicking faster/harder... is there anything else I can do?

Does anyone know how to do that tuck form where your legs are straight and like... your stomach is on your rear tire? That would be a nice tuck to master... I think...

Hmm ionno I guess I'll slowly get higher as I grow and get stronger... and running 22 - 19 is a lil snappy... i need 22 - 18...

But yea any tips anyone can give me would be awesome! (Y) thanks!

God Bless!

Ian

What are you trying to do? sidehop over the fence? or do youwant the technique for sidehopping up a wall?

Up a wall:

Do the same technique that you are doing in the picture, but when are backhopping on the spot next to the wall, preload down, then as soon as your arms get to the straight point, then jump your body up VERY fast and high, and pedal kick at the exact same time, then when your front wheel gets to the height of the wall, guid your front wheel ontop of the wall and kinda stoppie the back end up onto the wall and do the "yuck" technique (hard to learn) where your body goes to the side of the bike so that your arse is nearly touching the cranks, this, bringing the bike higher, will make you get higher! (Y)

Same with the fech technique, but you have to get high enough so that both wheels go right over the wall (Y)

try learning how to side hop to both wheels rather than to front then back this will give you more height also try it with no front brake at first then you wont be able to put your front wheel down first once you can do this you will start to see the bike leaning away from the side you've just come up to counter this you have to have your weight on the other side giving you a tuck

hope this helps Gavyn :lol: