Shin Pads

skye_trials

I just use some plain grey and black fox shinpads, very comfy and after riding with them for about 10 mins you forget your wearing them :D(Y) . They cost me around the 30 quid mark about a year and a half ago (they last along time). The only downside with them is ventillation, there very hot in the summer and can get annoying but in the winter there nice and cosey. I say get a pair of them if they still make them (Y). Ive also got some 661 Veggie shinguards (think there veggie) again there very good, but they dont offer as much protection as the fox do but are a little cooler for the summer (Y)

Hope i helped

Jules

ive got the veggie shins in large and they only justt fit round my ankle and they dont fit my dad and he has the fox bmx shins in medium and they are too big my 661's do not offer much protection the only thing is it stops my pedal ripping half my leg off id reccomend the fox extremely good

I picked up some Planet X shin pads from ebay quite cheaply. 5 velcro straps and good hard plastic insert. No problems with comfort. The hard plastic insert was flat so it was a bit ridiculous sticking out from the shin. I undid a bit of the stitching, pulled the insert out, put it in a tray of boiling water, moulded it to my shin, set it in the fridge and put it back in. Have had no problems. Magic!

Do you know how the compfort compares to the fox?

Allen (Y)

umm..... to be honest, i don't really know as i haven't tried the fox pads, sorry

also, i got my dainese pads for £45.50 from Bromley Bikes

(you just have to scroll down a bit for the Dainese Knee Guard Revolution )

Hope i helped anyway...,

Sam

Edited by bikerboysam1

Hi Sam,

I will definitely be getting a pair of the Dainese after new year, i have tried a set on at a bike shop but couldn't remember what they were called.

Thanks allot to everyone!

Allen (Y)

Also merry christmas and happy new year to everyone!!!

Edited by skye_trials

Hi Sam,

I will definitely be getting a pair of the Dainese after new year, i have tried a set on at a bike shop but couldn't remember what they were called.

Thanks allot to everyone!

Allen (Y)

Also merry christmas and happy new year to everyone!!!

cool, i think you would have probably tried on either the

Dainese Knee Guard Freestyle - £55.99

Dainese Knee Guard Revolution - £45.50

Dainese Knee Guard Pro - £44.99

apparently the 'Revolution' are particularly good for trials... :)

Hope i helped,

Sam (Y):lol:

Edited by bikerboysam1