Bottom Brackets Creaking

MikeHayes

Like it says in the topic titlle, my fsa platinum bottom bracket with isis zoo! cranks are creaking badly, and is really annoying me, any thoughts of what it could be? Also how would i fix it? and could you tell me how to put a bottom bracket in properly? Bearing in mine i am going to be using an echo 18 tooth screw on cog.

Would be much appreciated, thank you in advance :)

ok first check ur pedals bearings, strange i know but it cud be those, then make sure that the cranks are in decent condition, make sure that the cranks are greased with copper grease, then if its not that its ur bb and u'll probably need to replace it.

OR just tighten up your cranks - do that first anyway and see if it works (Y) (which i assure you it will)

Keep on doing the cranks up will not help you need to grease the bb or pedals or you may have a crank in the bb axle which well make that noise so just grease it all up if it does it again after 4 to 5 weeks you need a new bb. Hope this helps.Do not just do them up if it is cranked and you do a drop you could be hurt just looking out for you.

thanks sam lewis

Take them off, give them a clean, make sure the taper is ok, wack a little bit of grease on the taper, put some locktite 242 or 270 on the bolts, put the bolt on, torque the bolts up to the correct torque setting (i think its 8Nm for if its an m6 bolt) Leave for 20 mins to let the locktite set....and bobs your uncle!

• 2 weeks later...

OR just tighten up your cranks - do that first anyway and see if it works (Y) (which i assure you it will)

My bb was creaking on my other bike, and I kept tightening it.

Wasn't long until the pedal arm was just rounded off :D

Jason.