More Help Needed :$ 05 Maggy Leaver Leaking From Piston

Matt_Tupman

Hello again boys and girls

I need some more help :$

My 05 Magura lever is leaking from the plastic piston, can i pull it out? How? can i put an 04 piston in an 05 lever? do i need to do anything to the body or piston before i put it back in?

Any help would be much appreciated (Y)

Edited by Matt_Tupman

You can use an 04 in an 05 lever (Y) I find the best way to get it out is to push a small allen key through either the bleed bolt hole or the hose hole, pushing agains the piston until it pops out (obviously with the lever blade not in place. Failing that, connect a bleed kit up to it and do all the bolts up, push the syringe as hard as you can till it pops out. And when putting the piston back in, some sort of lube usually helps to keep it ticking over smoothly (Y)

You can use an 04 in an 05 lever (Y) I find the best way to get it out is to push a small allen key through either the bleed bolt hole or the hose hole, pushing agains the piston until it pops out (obviously with the lever blade not in place. Failing that, connect a bleed kit up to it and do all the bolts up, push the syringe as hard as you can till it pops out. And when putting the piston back in, some sort of lube usually helps to keep it ticking over smoothly (Y)

you beast followed that and it worked a treat :- cheers