North East Competition

Trials Dave

i have been playing with the idea of setting up a small competition in the north east for a while now and i was just wondering if there would be any interest?

i am in the middle of hassling the council so i will let you know what they say in the near future hopefully.

name a place and i will try and get my hands on it for a day! i know that us northern lads are sick of having nothing up here!

there are some great places i have seen where i ride moto trials competitions and i think i could easily use one of these places.

if theres enough interest then i will continue trying to set something up.

what do you say?

cheers

Dave

i'll come ! speak to street trials rider he and a few mates do a demo at the preston park bike show (yarm, near stockton) every year !

sort of, other people supply the stuff, we just mess about on it when we can, although it seems to attract more people than the actual show that the stuff was supplied for in the first place.....

on another note, the preston park thing (althouhg being very very shite ocurses) usually has a little fun trial with cash/voucher prizes, but its literally mud banks with the odd log thrown in, its a good day to meet up and mess about though ^_^:)

*edit* oh and the plod guy that organises it is always in my works (halfords) i'll try have a word with him next time he's in, try get us a propper course with skips etc, if he knows there will be more intrest it might just push him to agree to it

Edited by street trials rider

Id probably be up for it (Y)

I could think of some VERY good natty places to ride just near carlisle/penrith :)

yeah penrith is supposed to be good. near alston?

i was thinking of a comp on the coast aswell like seaton sluice, tynemouth, or doddington quarry which is towards scotland.

I'm thinking seaton sluice area. theres plenty parking space and the place is massive.

i recently rang the council and they started going on about insurance blah blah blah.....

how can we overcome this? i was thinking of a club/ membership where you sign up etc do if you hurt yourself its your fault etc then there shouldnt be a problem.

i recently rang the council and they started going on about insurance blah blah blah.....

how can we overcome this? i was thinking of a club/ membership where you sign up etc do if you hurt yourself its your fault etc then there shouldnt be a problem.

Find a venue where you don't need permission to ride there. Then you won't need to faff with insurace etc.